Main Menu

MotoGP 2021

Started by fret not, February 27, 2021, 12:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeScoot

Yes, it will be interesting to see whether he can get back onto the horse that threw him. I'm guessing he probably can BUT he'll have some really tough competition now that the taste of winning has recently blessed so many other riders and teams.
Should be another good race - probably pretty spectacular.
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

fret not

Marc is not to be underestimated BUT he has been bested several times in recent seasons when he was healthy.  Dovisioso and  Rins have both beaten him in head to head battles but not on a regular basis.  Now Marc has to gain strength in his arms, especially the right one that has been so traumatically abused.  I think Honda should make a "suzuki" for him.  If Honda did make a "suzuki" clone I think other riders would also benefit from a sweeter handling missile, and Honda would get better overall results.   8)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

Honda already has that bike. They were getting no results without Marc so they had to tone it down so Bradl, Nakagami and brother Alex could survive it and Marc looked pretty wasted after coming home 7th on it. Will Marc's conditioning improve before Espargaro figures out the Honda. Will Dovizioso come to an agreement with Aprillia? Aliex Espargaro got a well-earned 6th and Dovi could get them on the podium. Such intrigue. And we haven't even considered Yamaha, Ducati and Suzuki, loving it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Qualifying for Jerez is finished, NBCSN is televising tomorrow at 7:30 PM Eastern US.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

FP1 and FP2 at LeMans are finished, Zarco, Quartararo and Vinales are on top and likely into Q2. Rain is forecast for tomorrow.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Race in Germany this Sunday, lots of possible winners, and warm weather, so tires will have grip . . . until they wear out.  This should be an exciting scramble, and we never know what will happen on Sunday, until it happens.  Marc Marquez 93 is sort of "back" but right arm is still problematic.  The bone is 'healed' but the muscles are weak from the long period of not being used and some degree of bone misalignment from the surgeries .  He starts from the 2nd row!  Aprillia (Alex Espargaro 41) starts from front row!  This is a major accomplishment for Aprillia, as they now have a 'tool' capable of holding it's own at the sharp end of the pack. The usual suspects make up the remainder of the grid, and it is anybody's guess as to who will win this one.

MikeScoot

Looking forward to the race. Probably get to watch it tomorrow night after 10-11 hours driving work during the day.

You gotta lov being on the road! Was riding most of today as is a bit of a weekly Sunday habit now.

If you need a bit of excitement, try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsTcmLG7dU

Walt_M.

Entertaining race in Germany, Assen is this weekend and a completely different style of track.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Interesting times.  I like that KTM are doing so well.   8)

Walt_M.

Assen was run today, watch it when you can. It will be 5 weeks before the next round.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Marquez 7th after a back row start.  Rossi crashed out, as did Miller, and a few others.  Marc Marquez still needs to regain strength.  This break in the schedule should help his healing/recovery.  I'm looking forward to the next race and to find out who goes where.  There 'was' a rumor that Maverick would go to Aprillia, but then quickly denied, . .  sort of.

MikeScoot

Rossi absolutely trashed his bike! Very spectacular.
Nakagami looked great for a while but just lost the momentum - or was it the plot he lost.
Another very entertaining race.

fret not

I wonder whether Nakagami is in great physical condition so he can endure the whole race  or  has a psychological hurdle to deal with.  Some individuals have some difficulty dealing with success.  He was out in front several times  while Marquez was at home healing, and he has been "up there" in several races and then fades away.  We know he can do the job if he will.  Will he?  I was rooting for him during the race just to get on the podium, or a win would be appropriate if he could make it happen sometime.  Maybe later.

Walt_M.

Does anyone have a bigger psychological problem than Vinales? He was last in Germany and 2nd at Assen, on the same bike!
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Maybe Gerloff gained some perspective from his recent Moto GP ride, as he just topped the WSBK time sheets at Donnington, .3+ ahead of Rea!  Rumor has it he might go to Petronas/aqua.  Interesting times.

fret not

Next Wednesday 'they' will converge on the Spielberg track to begin practice and qualifying for the Sunday race.  Aside from all the drama ('soap opera' for men) there should be some exciting racing.  Valentino Rossi 'may retire' (he has been pushed off the factory Yamaha team, and on to the Pertonas team that does not want him)or head up and manage his own team for Yamaha, Vinales might go somewhere (Aprillia ?, he left the factory Yamaha team).  Pedrosa(KTM) and Crutchlow(YAMAHA) are both entered to race.  Marquez has been seen riding a Honda 600, and reported to be in very good form.  So, the stage is set, and we will see what happens when it all unfolds.

Walt_M.

Well, this is KTMs 'home track' so look for Oliveira and Binder. Marquez may be in better condition but we will know more about that on Sunday. Zarco may be getting desperate now so he could try another 'Yamaha takeout'. Who knows what demons are lurking in Vinales head. If Quartararo gets top 5, he will be champion for 2021.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Valentino Rossi has announced he will retire at the end of this season.  So, maybe he will be out of the clutches of the Saudi prince who rules over the Petronas team.  Valentino had a good run, 9 times world champion, and a legacy of mentoring younger riders.  Franco Morbidelli was one, and look where he is now!

Walt_M.

Entertaining race in Austria, it will be on NBCSN at 1130 eastern tonight. I didn't realize how much I had missed it. If you're DVRing, best to add 30 minutes.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

After another last place finish and unusual rider input on the bike after the end of the race, he was hitting the rev limiter coming down pit lane. Maverick Vinales will not be participating at this weekend's race in Austria.
Whale oil beef hooked!