News:

Main Menu

MotoGP 2021

Started by fret not, February 27, 2021, 12:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

Ducati, Yamaha, Ducati, (first row)
Ducati, Honda, Ducati, (second row)

then the rest of the pack.  It looks like anyone of the 'usual suspects' could win this one.  We will know tomorrow! 8)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

Well, that was a goat rodeo! No narrative just watch if you get a chance.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

Ha ha ha! That was great! Ha ha ha! I can't get the smile off my face :-) :-) :-) Brilliant- with a good bit of luck. :-) :-) :-)
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

fret not

AUG 29 RACE at Silverstone UK, so I am watching for reports from the practice sessions that should be happening now.   8)

fret not

Nobody knows what will happen on Sunday when they line up, but it looks like Quartararo(Yamaha) will have the pole position, . . . so far.  The grid positions will be set tomorrow in Q2 (qualifying).  The talk among the riders is that the track has huge grip, so managing tires will be important.  More than one race has been lost while leading because the tires wore out.  Better to be close to the front at the end of the race and still have a bit of grip and drive for a final charge to the checkered flag than to be leading and not have anything left when someone comes by at the end.

Walt_M.

Pol Espargaro, Bagnaia and Quartararo on the front row. there have been several crashes due to cold tires, don't know what the weather there will be tomorrow.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

It is pleasing to see challengers to Quarteraro's recent  blazing dominance.  Martin, Espargaro, Marquez, Bagnaia, and others look to be competitive, so it should be a good race on Sunday.  England, ya know, so weather will be unknown until it happens.  Both Marquez and Quarteraro have taken tumbles in practice, let's hope no one gets hurt.

fret not

Pol Espargaro / REPSOL HONDA sitting in pole position this time.  Quartararo still starting on the front row.  Marquez in second row.  This is shaping up to be a rather crowded first turn scramble.  I hope they all get through the first few turns safely.  Actually, I hope they all get through the whole race safely.  We will know how it all went sometime within the next 15 hours or so.

fret not

Some first lap attrition as Marquez loses the front and takes out rookie Martin (Ducati).  It is clear from the slowMo video Marc's front tire lost traction and skated across the track into Martin,taking them both down and out.  Losing the front is one of the main problems Honda needs to improve.  This is not a new problem, as Cal Crutchlow also complained in years past of the tendency of the Honda to lose the front, resulting in going down.

fret not

It is very good to see all six manufacturers represented in the top six finishers.  DORNA has achieved their goal of making things competitive for everyone so there is closer and more exciting racing to draw larger crowds.  Now if they could get rid of that pesky virus the crowds could attend in greater numbers.($)  I think it is amazing that such races are made to happen in spite of very low spectator attendance and consequent low financial income from the ticket sales.

fret not

Racing in Spain in a few days.   :police:

Walt_M.

I will be interested in seeing how Vinales goes on the Aprilia.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Aprillia just recently achieved their first podium, maybe they can get two this time.  This is another one that 'anybody' can win it.  Quarty is blazing, Mavrick should be fast on the Aprillia, it is Marquez's 'back yard', Miller is hot, . . . . . . we will find out on Sunday.

My 'little brother' just made a record at Bonneville on a 250 Aermacci at Speed Week (it was what they call 'low hanging fruit' but a record none the less), and now is preparing his Suzuki T500 for World of Speed this coming weekend.  This 500 class is a steeper hill, and he has a tendency to hole a piston now and then.  Fingers crossed and all. :angel:

Walt_M.

After FP2, Aleix Espargaro is 2nd fast after Jack Miller, Crutchlow is 3rd on Vinales' Yamaha and Vinales is 18th on the other Aprilia.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

This is only Friday, there is still qualifying on Saturday.  More interesting as the day goes on.

Walt_M.

If you want excitement, watch this race.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Especially the last few laps!  Marc is almost back!

MikeScoot

Mama Mia! What a great dice at the end. So many great riders up there over the last couple of seasons. Fabulous.

Walt_M.

Yes, Marc is back, to being a dick. He wasn't as fast as Bagnaia and the 7 pass attempts he made resulted in him being easily repassed because he couldn't keep it on the racing line and ultimately the track.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

lolol. His ego certainly hasn't gone away. Looked bloudy dejected at not having won. Did seem to have pulled his head in a bit though.
Just wonder whether his ego not being regularly fed will allow him to continue racing much longer. My guess is that it won't.
To make things even more difficult for him there seems to be a lot less tolerance toward dangerously aggressive riding of late. Not mentioning any names lolol.