News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

blue / red wire for ???

Started by briandneville, March 14, 2021, 02:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briandneville

While disassembling the front end I came across a few wires that were not connected to anything.  There is a blue wire with a red stripe bundled into the headlight / turn signal sleeve diving into the wire case behind the headlight.  The blue / red  surfaces from the other end of that sleeve along with a black wire.  The blue / red & black pair were not connected to anything when I took everything apart.  The single blue / red going into the wire case does not appear to have anything to connect to.  I cannot see a blue / red wire in the wiring diagram at all.

Doe anyone know what these are for?
How did it come to this?

kevin g

I will have to check my notes but I think the blue/red is not used for anything.

Remind me in a few days if I do not post an answer.

fret not

You can follow links on POD's postings.  Manuals, wiring diagrams,  etc. can be downloaded.  Just sayin'
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

kevin g

I see in my Haynes manual that on the German models there is a blue/red wire to an "Auxiliary Light" and there is no blue/red wire on the US RK model.  I imagine they just used the same harness on a models and left this wire hanging.

briandneville

Guess that solves it.  Thanks for taking the time to look it up.  Now we can forget about it until someone else asks the question in 10 years.
How did it come to this?