News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

quick question

Started by MoVision, March 20, 2021, 06:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoVision

Having the darndest time putting on the rear exhaust manifold does anyone have any tips?The alignment I just can't get right.
enjoy the wrenching... This bike was sitting for 24 years in a barn. Took a week to get running until the gas tank started leaking....carbs done, coolant lines redone, brakes, tires, new paint, wiring, coolant reservoir vapor cleaned, front forks repacked, up next rear suspension

jefferson

I don't know how you are attempting it, but I always installed that pipe into the spigots on the back of the head and then put the muffler/junction box on from the bottom.

MoVision

I did not come to that solution. I lined up the muffler and then was able to line up for the rear downpipes. This was after taking off the front  downpipes as they would not allow for lining up.

Those spacers and fasteners are very deceptive.
enjoy the wrenching... This bike was sitting for 24 years in a barn. Took a week to get running until the gas tank started leaking....carbs done, coolant lines redone, brakes, tires, new paint, wiring, coolant reservoir vapor cleaned, front forks repacked, up next rear suspension

jefferson

The front pipes are the last thing I put on as you can work them in once the rear section is in place. It would be very hard to try and put the exhaust on with it being all together or for that matter just the rear part together.. Piece by piece and you will get it.

MoVision

I did just that and it got on much better. It was very fast as well with adjustments being quick. Now it is having trouble starting again, lol. Haven't got a new seal on the tank but I will waste some gas just to have her purr for a bit.