MotoGP 2021 - Caution; spoilers be here

Started by MikeScoot, April 02, 2021, 03:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

For those who did not watch or care who won at the season finale in Valencia, it was Bagnaia, Jorge Martin and Miller then Mir and Quartararo. Rossi, in his final MotoGp finale got a respectable 10th. M. Marquez missed the last round due to his previous injury and double vision. 
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

I wonder how soon we will see more power from other than Ducati.  Since Ducati now is able to turn they have become the "best" bike on the track as they have a bit more raw power than any other bike.  The tests that happen between now and the first race will be where we see if anyone has made progress in that area. 

KTM seem to have hit a pause in their march to the top, but I look for more improvement from them.  They are very serious about getting to the top, so I look forward to their efforts in the coming season.  I think 'the Indian' is more important than the arrow, but it really helps to have a good arrow.

Will Yamaha bring more power?  Will Suzuki?  And what about Aprillia? And Honda?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

They're testing at Jerez tomorrow and Friday so we may learn something. What is interesting to me is how the Ducatis are able to make all that power for the whole race on the same amount of fuel. I seem to remember last year they had to dial back the power in order to finish and late in the races the Yamahas and Suzukis were as fast as the Ducatis. Don't know if Videopass is covering the test but Crashnet should have updates.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

MikeScoot

Walt SAID; "...dial back the power in order to finish and late in the races the Yamahas and Suzukis were as fast as the Ducatis..."
Engine output is simply dialed-in BUT a number of factors influence when it may be appropriate to do so; Engine reliability, tire wear, marketing  considerations, rideability, fuel consumption etc. And all of these can be overidden on a case-by-case basis.
Walt and Fret undoubtedly know all this but it is still worth mentioning for folks who might not, and hopefully to stimulate further discussion and learn more.
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

Walt_M.

The first day is over and nothing earth-shattering. Honda had a new bike and Nakagami was fastest on it, followed by 3 Ducatis. Don't know how Marquez will like it. Conditions were not ideal, windy but tomorrow may be different.
Whale oil beef hooked!