News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Thinking of getting a wrap

Started by MoVision, April 29, 2021, 07:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoVision

Might even do it myself, parts are hard to find and color accurate would just be a pain. https://www.rvinyl.com/3M-2080-Series-Motorcycle-Wrap.html?feed=Froogle&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIha3W36Sj8AIVYB6tBh1BlwBSEAQYASABEgJGvPD_BwE Gloss Dragon fire red was my idea for touching up the plastics under the seat, battery cover as well as the ECU cover. I updated my profile picture so everyone can see if the color is right. I don't care about doing the tank just yet but the little details need to get up to par.

Pulled a tendon in my hand so without riding it is back to tweaks as and memorizing the manual. I used to work with vinyl a lot as a sign maker and installer. Getting a heat gun but have squeegees spray and the rest. The under seat pieces are only 24" long and the rest is under that. So a 36"x60" should be more than enough for mistakes.

Thoughts on the color choice? The website link is above, open to ideas. Worst that happens is that I break everything in a fit of rage lol.
enjoy the wrenching... This bike was sitting for 24 years in a barn. Took a week to get running until the gas tank started leaking....carbs done, coolant lines redone, brakes, tires, new paint, wiring, coolant reservoir vapor cleaned, front forks repacked, up next rear suspension

WGuaire

I took a look at the site. The boss needs to put up a photo gallery of results. I have to imagine what can be done! If you're good at the design and the methods, you should be able to do something worthwhile.
  How durable is the material?

MoVision

Wraps tend to last five years before any sign of wear while in a garage setting. 2 years if just out and about weather. I live in a hot dry/ cold dry climate as well so those are the extremes. The motorcycle versus car material is different as well. It should be slightly thicker than the already thicker car material to help protect against rocks. Heat gun to remove and simply apply again if desired. No soap required to rinse and no wax either.

I will have pictures once I settle on the color. It won't be exact but close is the goal.
enjoy the wrenching... This bike was sitting for 24 years in a barn. Took a week to get running until the gas tank started leaking....carbs done, coolant lines redone, brakes, tires, new paint, wiring, coolant reservoir vapor cleaned, front forks repacked, up next rear suspension

WGuaire

I'd like to see what it can look like. Pinstripes?

MoVision

It can be done. Was not my intention, Was going to to see if I had enough for the top of the tank.