HAPPY NEW YEAR

Started by fret not, January 08, 2022, 11:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

Wishing you all a good and productive year ahead.  I'm ready for some better times and ideas, and to finish up on some not quite done projects.  I am starting the new year with several large trees toppled in the recent storms, so my firewood is a cinch for next winter.  The adventure just keeps on developing with new twists and turns appearing when least expected.  Today I am greatly appreciating the hot water in my plumbing system.  Power resumed today after being out for 12 days.  The 'little' snow we had a couple weeks ago did some damage to my water system.  I have a 1300 gallon tank set farther up the hill where it provides good pressure from gravity.  Well, a tree went down and shattered the PVC pipes on the tank, so I got to trudge up and down the steep hill several times each day until I finally patched the system together with the last bit of repair.  It took only 3 trips to town for parts and material!  I am stronger now after that physical workout.  My hot shower was soooo good this afternoon .  I have a 'ton' of laundry to work through but now that power is restored I can get it done. 
It is a bit sad to see so many trees uprooted and/or broken but when snow happens at this low elevation it is usually wet and heavy, which explains all the destruction.  About 30 years ago we had another storm that was as destructive but under much different conditions.  Then there was 20 inches of snow on the ground and it stayed for a couple weeks (it was very cold), but this time we had 2 inches or less on the ground and it is totally gone now. This time we barely had any frost.  So I am looking forward to more chainsaw work before I can 'play' in the shop.  All the trees down creates a huge fire hazard when it dries out, so I will be working at diminishing the readily combustible materials by burning much of it before everything dries out and the fire season  begins.
I am very grateful to be riding this little garden planet.  Always an adventure.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!