News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

first ride of 2022 (for me!)

Started by briandneville, April 16, 2022, 08:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briandneville

April 15th.  Same ride as my last one in October.  It was a lot colder out but felt great to be riding again.  It snowed here today!  Maybe spring is coming?
How did it come to this?

fret not

The Gray Shadow!  Looks good.  Brian, is that gray primer or finish coat?  It is an inspiration for me to install the fairing on mine, but other things have priority, like getting it running and properly functioning.  A few things still need to be integrated into the system: fuel pump, coolant loop for the carbs, 'mount' the reservoir for the TT600 shock, figure out some new 'idiot lights', complete the front brake system, and a few other miscellaneous things.  It really is getting much closer to being a functional vehicle than when I started the 'journey'.  It is still a journey, . . . . and not yet complete.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

briandneville

It's not gray at all...it's creamy off-white pearl chosen to compliment the gold of the wheels, the badge, the brake calipers and the brake / clutch levers.  Definitely NOT primer.  That sh_t was expensive!  From a distance the pearl is not apparent.  Up close in light it sparkles.
How did it come to this?

fret not

On the internet sometimes things appear other than they really are. :police:    The pearl shows well in your example pic, but the first pics of the bike look gray on my computer.   8)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!