News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

CARB PARTS AND TUNING TIPS

Started by bikeseamus, March 04, 2003, 05:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikeseamus

Found these guys, and thought they might be a useful bunch. I've asked them about making diaphragms and floats for visions...we'll see what they say. I like their business philosophy....maybe we ought to bombard them with vision specific requests...it worked with Sirius. There are also some free carb tuning tips in there for those who wish to learn the process      wwwmotorcyclecarbs.com      If somebody wants to paste the URL it might be a good thing. I admit my ignorance of the process.

Humber

If u need more info on carb overhaul visit following URL, it's fine:

http://www.icehouse.net/dansmc/indexindex.htm
nie ma podpis?w

bikeseamus

Humber   GREAT SITE!   Wish they had stuff like that when I was a kid. The online free mechanic school is full of good stuff. GOOD JOB!

Blake

I was taking a look at wwwmotorcyclecarbs.com, and looked at the mikuni carbs.

Has anyone heard about this new TMS 38mm Carbs??   It says it has no pilot jet, and you can also get it without a main jet..so that all tuning is done through a needle and an air screw.  might make tuning the bike a lot easier.  Anyone know anything about these carbs, and if they might work on our bike? (would definately have to make a new intake)... but without only two things to fiddle with..  might make life a little easier..

just a thought

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

bikeseamus

Blake   Something that might work the same, but would be simpler and easier, would be to install a DIAL A JET system. These units take fuel from your float drain screw, then calibrate it into your venturi through externally and quickly adjustable jet dials. They make different kits for different carbs, and I'm not sure which one would be the best for vision carbs, but we don't have a lot of room down there for too many options, space wise.   They would work for what you said.