News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

HJC lids?

Started by Lucky, March 26, 2005, 09:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

we see by numbers that the hjc is popular,as well as well priced (and fits vision rider pumpkins). Now ,you have to go to the store, try on helmets until you are ready to just put a trash can on your head ,and then just pick the one that fits you,your wallet and your needs. lol

Me, I am buying another modular, this years models are even stronger (and less costly )than they were 4 years ago .
  but this time ,am going to have comm sys wired in, long rides get real boring when i am singing to myself under the helmet !
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

ps2/bikevision

lucky hjc is a great lid. ive got one for my sled and i used it all last year for the bike. i got tired of the looks of people seeing a sled on the side of my lid when i was on the bike so i bought a zues modular. $150 at local shop and it is beter than my hjc. less noise and fits better. but my hjc is 5 years old.

now as far as
Quotelike dropping it on the pavement when filling up at the gas station
if you read the warranty that comes with your helmet you will see that if you drop your lid it voids the warranty. and as my insurance company told me and has done twice now if i drop my lid and take them the reciept of the old one and new one they will refund the lesser amount. i droped mine the day after i bought it and thought i would see if they would really replace it. and sure enough they did after i showed them the markes on it after i droped it. then i left the new one on the hood of the truck when i took the bike to storage and drove off. i got a new one the next day and havent even used it yet. damn snow up here.

Lucky

As far as I can tell, there are no replacement shields for the CL-Max (flip up)

I want to get a second tinted shield like what's ava for the CL14, but it's not listed in the parts page. I emailed them...
Not being able to replace the shield may be a deal breaker.

I don't love the idea of putting tinting on a shield, but maybe just across the top like a car windshield...

my local guy has them for $169 + tax, so i'm going to go try one on later today, i'll ask them too.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

EH

I make sun visors for my shield from the plastic baby shade material sold as large squares that self adhere to car windows without adhesive. They stay put and are effective for blocking glare, but you cannot see very well through them. cheap, cheap. Lucky, the last one I bought was at Bennys.

Lucky

Well, I tried the Flip up on at BobbyD's (the cheepie place) and I liked the fit, but they didn't have black, so I went to Razee's (better place but more $$) and they'll match the price ($169, + $35 for the gold shield.) they didn't have it in black either, so i dropped a deposit on it & ordered one. cool

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Congrats on the purchase, Lucky.  May you use it often but never need it!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

man,,,
 ? i can see it now,,, lucky gets new lid in the mail, then puts it on,,,, 6 days later his wife will be telling him to take it off in the house ,,,, or else. ? ?
 ? then , she is going to call me and blame it all on me - well in my own defense- it wasn't me,, i told him,,, "lucky buy your wife something real pretty,,, like maybe a new dodge van with the hideaway rear seats,, or maybe that new tivo player with american idol already programmed in."....... but noooooo ?he had to go buy a new helmet,,, a fancy schmancy one at that
with a gold visor too,,,,,,,, i bet he even got a slick lil bag to put it in,, special wipes for the days it needs shining up,,,,,,

? ?lol,,,,,,,, congrats dude,, bet the lid will make the rides even better (now that you arent thinking hardware store anymore ) ?
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

ps2/bikevision

ok i thought i would update my eailer posts. the new zues lid i got last fall well it is gone now. after my first ride of the season the other day i got home and found that the top peice that has the vents in it had broken off. my first thoughts were great now i dont have insurance on the bike so im out $$ for a new lid. so just to see what would happen i took the lid back to the local shop today where i bought it and what do you know they sent the zues back and i got to trade up to a hjc cl-max modular. what a deal. it fits better, has more accesories for it and looks better.

ill pay a few extra $ and go to a local shop where they know you as soon as you walk in the door and treat you like a friend. they always take care of me over there and i wouldnt have it any other way. they even bend the rules a bit. there policy is they wont work on a bike older than 85 but they let me bring mine in for new tires. it also includes checking all the fluids and a damn fine wash job. better than i usually have the time for.

Rick G

I bought  a  Nolan  in 1999  it fit very well and wasen't noisy, I  ordered the same size Nolan in 2003  and  it was too narrow  , had lousy ventilation  and was noisier than hell! The day before it arrived i dropped my bike into Pudding creek , I'm glad it was the old helmet , I would have been frosted if it was the new one. 6 months later  some one ordered a helmet, at the shop I worked in,  and never picked it up  so I got it for  cost, 38.00.  its made in Tiawan  its quiet , comfortable and  the ventilation is much better.  I change them  every three or four years.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike