News:

Main Menu

should i buy the vision

Started by troy, April 03, 2005, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

ok, not all my ideas are good ones (flaming beard) fut at least it was funny!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

louthepou

I had almost forgotten about that one. Thanks for reminding us. ;D

Dare I bring back to life the memory of my pink, fuzzy, teddy-bear equipped Vision cafe racer, courtesy of Heather?  :o

Louis

Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Rick G

My several Visions have never let me down . Only one time  did I  have to push  it due to starter clutch failure.
Actually, I let it down twice , once by crashing it in to pudding creek  near Salem Or.  and once by  not checking the oil frequently  enough  and hammering a rod bearing. (there were extenuating cirumstances , but we wont go into that)  take care of it and it won't let you down.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

ps2/bikevision

the biggest thing is to make sure you have a good battey. with a weak battery youll think everything else is wrong. (i found out the hard way) i got a new one and i dont have to push it home all the time or ask for a jump.(that really sucks)

Brian Moffet

QuoteAny Photoshop Guru's out there... I would love to see Lucky's Vision with some HD flames on it..... you know the red/orage/blue fade flames...

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it :-)

Brian

hfarley

Louis,
Too bad I am parting out the spare bike I just acquired. I could have done some wicked paint job on it and added a few adornments. Maybe some roses and hearts. Not to mention the saddlebags with feather boas attached. I could have a black leather jacket with a big old heart embroidered on it too.  Hey Lucky! How would you like to sew a seat for the vision with a rose on it? LOL! Whew! It is a good thing I am using her for parts, I could go nuts with this stuff. LOL!
-Heather ;D
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Wayne

Last summer at our thursday night ride group, a gentleman ;D arrived where we meet with a Harley Sportster and a silk bra attach to the front of it. I do not anything regarding this. I managed to be busy somewhere else for the rest of the evening

Superfly

Heather, definately part out the spare, quickly!!  I had a spare bike, and after a few weeks of tinkering with it, I got it started..... that means everything doubles...

2x- burned stators
2x- fried R/R
2x- loose starter clutch bolts
2x- Starter rebuilds
etc...

One is fine, two.... well, two is twice the work. (I am glad I enjoy working on these bikes!)  

So my advice is becarful of your parts bikes everyone, some of them will start!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

ps2/bikevision

well good thing i tore my donor down already. if it wasent for the fact that i already took the stator and r/r off i would of rebuilt it. it had a good engine and all. but now its parts. i would rather have one good runner than two half runners. cause that would be my luck i wouldnt have the parts and money to keep them both in top shape. so now ive got most of the parts ill need in the future.

hfarley

I figured the same thing too. I wanted the Mamba to be in great running condition before I go and get a second bike. Besides that, I tried to get the spare started just to see and no luck. I just don't have the time/money that it would take to get it running so I would rather part it out and have extra for the Mamba. Plus this way I can spend more time getting my riding legs. (and I will finally be able to fit my car back in the garage.)  ;D
-Heather

Although a big red heart really would look nice..... :P

hfarley

Ok I don't know if this will work or not since I am using a blog. But here is a very bad taste of what the bike would have looked like.-Sorry Lucky! :P If the picture doesn't show up you can check it out at http://1982yamahavision.blogspot.com

Thanks!
-Heather

Lucky

OMG Heather!!! What have you done??  ::)
Your turn will come...you have your pic posted here somewhere...  8)

hfarley

LOL Lucky!  ;D Hey I said I was sorry :P
-Heather

ps2/bikevision

hey heather looks like you are also a fellow blazer/jimmy driver. and as far as the bike all i can say is oh my god you better not even think about it.

redxz550inoz

Quotehey whats wrong with flames i thought about putting flames on my v to blend the red tank to the rest of the black paint on mine. or some other design i havent decided yet. the main thing will be if i can get my brother to do the flames. if not it will be a simple v or somthing i can do my self.

hehe, I have a decal of a woman with a bondage/bull whip.
Kinda seemed appropriate really  ;D

Lucky

Quotehehe, I have a decal of a woman with a bondage/bull whip.
Kinda seemed appropriate really  

only if your married, lol

redxz550inoz

Quotethe biggest thing is to make sure you have a good battey. with a weak battery youll think everything else is wrong. (i found out the hard way) i got a new one and i dont have to push it home all the time or ask for a jump.(that really sucks)

how true! I just spent four weeks (not much spare time lately) going over EVERYTHING ELSE coz I was convinced it couldn't possibly be the battery, it's not old enough.
How much time and trouble I would have saved just checking the battery output in the first place...
have nearly finished kicking myself  LOL
by the way, I had a sealed Gel battery so not only was I surprised it had failed, so was the shop I got it from when I took it back this morning for a replacement (12 month warranty)

redxz550inoz

Quoteonly if your married, lol

YUP

;D and who do you reckon wields the whip??  LOL

Walt_M.

A bad battery can fool anybody. The last time my battery failed, the first thing I checked was voltage at the battery terminals, and I had 12 volts. However, after a fair amount of looking and no finding, I checked the volts again with the key on, '0' volts. Turned the key off, 10 volts.
Whale oil beef hooked!

hfarley

PS2 I wish I owned the Blazer. That is hubby's car. I have a dinky Hyundai Accent. But you would be suprised at how much crap I can cram into my car! I just can't put a trailer hitch on her.

Hehe I guess I won't tell you guys that my best friend (a guy) gave me a whip for my bachelorette party LOL! He was the only guy at the party and he was loving it.

Red, the key is to let the guys think they rule the roost but we both know who really weras the pants right?  ;)

-Heather