News:

Main Menu

is it really THAT bad?

Started by reckon, March 09, 2007, 08:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reckon

I pull up to a stoplight on my way home from work, and the guy in the car next to me is staring, lowers his sunglasses, and yells "hey is that a yamaha vision"?  "sure is", I answered,....he says " I have never seen one of those things running!" ,..  (I had to chuckle)..." this one runs great!" I retort.

I hoist the front wheel for half a block, setting it down as I shift to third,..........

"NOW he's seen one running!!" I thought as I checked the rearview for uncle smoky.

it's good to be with V  :D
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

QBS

You are obviously on the path to Understanding.

kwells

that's awesome...not the easiest bike to get up pogo style but proof that is CAN be done...
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

reckon

Quote from: kwells on March 09, 2007, 08:08:33 PM
that's awesome...not the easiest bike to get up pogo style but proof that is CAN be done...

mine wheelies like a dang dirt bike,....I actually have to work the throttle so it wont flip,.....except wheelies are hazardous to your license status, and your steering head bearings: I have probably lifted the front end about 10 times since I got it,..and of course, the front end NOW clicks when I go in a driveway or hit a sharp bump usually meaning I have either dented the race faces, or cracked the bearing into pieces (pulling it apart this weekend)

"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

kiawrench

ahhhhh grasshopper,,, you have now stepped on the path to vision zen,,,,,,

reckon, myrtle beach has three very large bike rallies every year, one for 10 days , all harley and wannabe bikes, another that is all crotch rockets and police reports and a third, in th efall when the more family oriented riders come in. at each, i ride my faithful V and work to help make the bikers welcome here. No matter what , my V gets as much attention as some of the biker build off copies get. 

with your skills, you should get a lot more attention than i get.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Superfly

Quote from: reckon on March 09, 2007, 08:00:04 PM
"hey is that a yamaha vision"?  "sure is", I answered,....he says " I have never seen one of those things running!"

I have had a couple of people say the exact same thing to me.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Brian Moffet

The one time I had someone ask me if it was a Vision at a stop light, he then asked if I wanted to sell it.

Brian

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Superfly on March 10, 2007, 11:19:52 AM
Quote from: reckon on March 09, 2007, 08:00:04 PM
"hey is that a yamaha vision"?  "sure is", I answered,....he says " I have never seen one of those things running!"

I have had a couple of people say the exact same thing to me.
I rode mine to the local Yamaha dealer last summer and asked them if they ever saw an 82 Vision.  First response was "not running", second was "not in a long time", third was "whats that".  I told them I had one and the response was "is it running?".  I said sure is, I rode it here.  They followed me out to the lot and of coures, it started right up.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

louthepou

Similar stories; most memorable? Me and two buddies taking a break at a popular local scenic lookout. All three bikes are, surprizingly, without any badge; all restored numerous times.

A guy comes by, looks at the bikes and says: "Well, I know that's a Suzuki GS, either a 79 or an 80. That next one's easy, it's an 82 Yamaha Seca 750. But I have no idea what the hell the third one is."

Ah, and he thought he knew about bikes  ;D
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

JasonJames

Me I'm about 155lbs on a good day right, One day last summer, I think it was early september. I have this just absolutley gorgeous mail woman:) she like an13 on an 10 scale...Anyways I'm sitting there warming the V up at an idle, having a smoke, going for a ride after work, she drop off the mail and on her way out the path entry she says...Excuse me, is that a vision? told her it sure is, she said her and her husband had one like 10 years ago, and she wanted to go for a ride. Wound up taking her for a cruise the following saturday. Always a bonus...gotta love the "V"
Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics...Even if you do win, you're still retarded :)

Kevin

My kids, Dustin and Carlie have both ridden their V's with me to the BMW falling leaf rally in Missouri. They always get a lot of lookers and comments on the odd bikes. The local Yamaha mechanic claims they were misnamed, should have been nightmares.