News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

'Canadian Tire' Lends Tools

Started by George R. Young, October 23, 2002, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George R. Young

In Canada, there's a chain of automotive supply stores called Canadian Tire. These good folk lend out automotive tools, and I found that some of them are perfect for Vision tasks.

I needed to take off the alternator rotor, and something they call a Harmonic Balancer Puller (#25-6175-0) did the job perfectly. It even came with the 8 mm bolts.

Other tools in their little brochure that might have Vision applicability are the 'Small Engine Valve Spring Compressor' (I use a C-clamp), a slide hammer, maybe gear pullers and various large sockets for axle nuts, etc.

For Canadians, worth looking into and maybe for those in the US close to the border also.

Anyway, it did my frugal Scottish heart good, they don't charge anything, just leave a deposit and get it back when you return the tool.

Cdnlouie

Good research George.  You gotta love CTC for their little customer perks.  Princess Auto here in Mississauga is getting to be the next coolest place to hang out in Canada.  They have some weekly deals on tools and other goodies.  Great to expand the old collection.  I bought a vernier caliper for measuring up parts for "O" rings etc this winter as I will probably tear down a few pieces and make sure they have new seals for the summer.

It would be great to add a few "O" ring sizes for certain things on Lucky's site that way we get them from manufacturers which usually have them in stock or within a day here in TO.

Louie   :)

zvberkov

Princess Auto in Mississauga has a sale this week on a motorcycle stand.

I think its about $165 for a complete stand with jack built in.