News:

Main Menu

selling 82

Started by john kadner, September 28, 2002, 02:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john kadner

i am moving to newport, oregon and am selling my vision (82) here in madison , wisconsin for $900.  good condition, 26k miles, has aftermarket windshield(tracey stilletto) case guards, rear rack, spare black box, may need new reg or rec. runs and starts well . i will post more info soon under the bikes for sale heading

Cdnlouie

I might be interested if you still have it around in November. I have to drop down to Watertown WI to visit my daughter at College.  Want to part with the black box?

johnkadner

hello,,,,

i won't be here in november, but the bike may be.  i am debating lifting the front wheel off the ground and hooking it to my back bumper and dragging the bike to oregon.

for some reason, i want to sell the black box with the bike, but this isn't definite.  i will give to the needy.

QQBS

WAIT!!!  John, don't do it.  I have read in either the Haynes manual or the '83 owners manual that it is highly not recommended to coast the bike for long periods without the engine running.  It seems that parts of the transmission depend on engine oil pressure for their life.  You may want to give this some research and serious thought before towing your bike anywhere.  Cheers.

johnkadner

good point there, i was definitely going to undo the drive shaft first.