News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

accelerator pump diaphragm

Started by Al, September 28, 2002, 05:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I've been having problems with my bike not idling well and it seems the front cylinder is loading up with fuel at idle. I have dissassembled the carbs and suspecting just dirt in the system. I cleaned it all up but still having an idling prob. I disassembled again but this time looking at the accelerator pump. My bikes an '83 and my regulator is with the accelerator pump.  I have a ripped diaphragm and I've already looked up at bike bandits for a replacement but it is discontinued. Would this be my idling problem and if so how can I get a gasket.    

Cdnlouie

I think that Lucky is the carb expert here.  I am concerned also as I recently cleaned and serviced my set and felt the diaphragm was looking a bit aged.  I lie awake at nights worried that I may wake up some morning and be without a part for my vision.  Now I know why the boys keep there own little stash of spare parts. :-/

Rick G

I was reported on the old forum that there are a varity of lawn mower carb diaphragm's available  I will dig out a sample and run it by a shop in salem . I'll report back as soon as I have numbers.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

i'm in the hospital right now with pnumonia , so i haven't been here since fri, and won't be out for a few more days

I actually haven't had to replace one yet, and don't have a sample one to match up localy,  I plan on trying to put together some "rebuild kits" to keep on hand and sell to you guys when needed, but that's another "future list" project. sorry i couldn't help you on this one.

one more thing, i really could use an old 83 carb to disect (not permanantly!  :o ), measure, and reproduce parts from. donations welcome (even old torn gasketts) email me
Thanks, --Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black