News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Special YICS hose needed?

Started by VK, September 10, 2002, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VK

One of my YICS hoses was split (the one to the rear) and I replaced it with straight vacuum hose, no factory made bends as in the original hose.  It does take a fairly sharp bend, but it seemed to be ok.  Now that I've had it installed for a few days, I now see it is collapsing at the bend.  Will this degrade performance, or do all I need to worry about is vacuum leaks (which there are none on this new hose).  In short, to do this correctly should I really get special hose designed for making the 90 degree turn?

VK

Lucky

Regular 1/4" fuel line works fine.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

strainj

Hi
In the past when I didn't have the right hose or could not get one.  I would put a strong spring in the hose where it will bend
sometimes the spring  will be just as long  as the hose. Works
Evertime, have never had a hose collapes on me with a spring in it

blair

jasonm.

Both my V's have the 1/4" auto-fuel line. It does not collapse. Available everywhere.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

admin

ditto on the 1/4 fuel line.
the bend was rather sharp so I got some piano wire
and did the wire wrap trick. This helps to keep it
from collapsing (it did want to kink without it.)

-Ron

ricks_83

simple me i stood in the auto parts store for a whole 15 minutes looking at molded hoses with the same bends and found one from a mazda that was identicle to the hose i needed paid i think 8 bucks and never had any problems         boy us dumb hicks   i had to cut a couple inches off one end.  and make sure the hose is fuel resistant     .... some parts houses sell hoses that are vapor resistant as fuel lines but wont work ............ eventually get brittle and split