News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

WHO HAS DONE THE HIGHEST MILEAGE ON ONE STATOR???

Started by Humber, July 09, 2002, 12:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

It is funny topic. Mine has 50000 kms on her and I was the first person to Open stator cover. Fortunately not ot replace the stator itself. I made additional 12000 and did the mods. I wonder how long it will survive? ?;D
nie ma podpis?w

strainj

Boy you know how to hit below the stator on this question.  I really had to search my records for this answer. My 1st ststor had 10090 miles on it when I replaced it. It lasted 6 years. My 2nd stator was replaced in '91 and has 8,278 miles and srill going strong. Yamaha replaced my 1st stator at their cost one month out of warranty. Why, because they knew they were bad. From what I was told the same thing was happening to the Venture, their touring bike at the time.

Humber

HUgh so your V seems to have about 25000 miles on it. It is about 40000 kms. Hmmm, My stator survived this. But I assume u have OEM sator and u didn't make any mods?

And one thing - alothoug u had your stator replaced it doesn't mean that a new one is faultless.

Yamha didn't improved them at all!!!
nie ma podpis?w

strainj

The bike has 28,000 miles and your right it is oem and no mods were done. I guess if its running good. the old saying is if it's not broke why fix it
take care

Blair

Brian Moffet

39,000 miles on the original stator.  I have changed out the connectors though.

Brian