Accelerator pump nozzle

Started by Broemie, June 04, 2002, 10:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broemie

Can anyone give me a part nr. from the accelerator pump nozzle ? The one thats in now is a soldered one, and my local Yamaha dealer cant look it up on the fiche. (11u type)

Peter

Lucky

I doubt that they are aval. seperatly. ?why do you need one? if yours is clogged, you can very carefully remove it by twisting back and forth with a large set of vice grips while pulling out. there is a weight & ball inside so don't lose them.
to clean the nozzle use one end of the wires in those little needle threaders to clean out the tip.
when putting it back in, you might have to dress up the top with a file to make the carb top fit properly

if the nozzle has seperated from the tip, you can solder it back in.
if your squeemish about doing any of this, i offer a Vision carb rebuild service, i can clean out & rebuild the whole set for $60 plus shipping & insurance if your interested.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

sdinino

I just looked at the fiche (gotta love bikebandit) and it appears that the accel. nozzle was *never* avail. separately, if you can believe it. It's just not there in the pic.
-- Steve D

Broemie

Thanks for the response,
Went for a visit at the local (140Km) scrapyard, and came home with 2 carbs (complete).
Problem solved!