Missing oil press. relief and rear wheel washer?

Started by Ed_Ramberger, March 24, 2002, 11:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_Ramberger

???
Hi again,

Ahhhh the joy of a used bike. ?I went to change the oil (82 Vision), and I believe the oil pressure relief assy. is missing. ?When I look at Parts Fish, it shows an assembly (item #5 on the oil filter lookup page) that looks like it can come out with the filter. ?All this bike has is the filter cover, filter and a flat blade type piece of metal protruding from the block (not removable) into the filter. ?Should there ?be a removable relief assy. there?

Also, It appears that the spacer washer is missing from the rear wheel. ?On Parts Fish (item# 17 on rear wheel page) and in the manual, it shows a spacer inserted into the shaft drive assy, and a washer at the end of it. ? The washer is not there on this bike. ?

Please confirm I am correct that there are missing parts, cause I think I need to order this stuff.

As always - thanks!!

Ed

yamy

Ed - Correct on both accounts:

;D No relief valve

::) Yes, the washer belongs in there between the spacer and the shaft drive housing

Lucky

Ed, you might want to double check your rear wheel, when i first took mine apart the washer was so similar in color and stuck to the axel that i never even noticed it the first 2 times i took it off...
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Ed_Ramberger

Thanks for the info guys - Lucky if no one had replied by this morning, I was going to e-mail you.  

I am sure there is no collar in the rear wheel, but I will triple check :)

I will order the parts tonight!!!

Thankis again guys!!

Ed

jasonm.

The oil pressure relief is an assembly sitting into the side cover. That can only come out if someone removed the whole right side cover to repair the clutch or water pump seals. It's there. If the bike ran before with pressure. It should be still have pressure. It takes 5 seconds for the light to go out after an oil change. If not. You have a spun rod bearing. I hope not.  As for the rear wheel. I don't have a fische reader. There is a spacer between the rear wheel bearings. That's the only one there I know. But you'd never know it's there.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Ed_Ramberger

Stopped at the dealer, the o/p relief is shown on the fische with the filter but not in it - as stated above.  

They actually had the little collar/spacer.  It's more of a centering piece for the spacer.