My first Vision

Started by creekbear, March 02, 2002, 06:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creekbear

When the first Vision showed up on my local Yamaha dealers showroom floor many years ago, I thought the was the neatest piece of machinery I had ever seen ( I still do). Every day I would find an excuse to stop at Frantz Yamaha to drool Bill Frantz the owner knew I wanted that bike, but he also knew money was tight, so he offered to carry a note if I traded in my 550 Honda. Needless to say I jumped at it.  The red Vision was one of only two of that model Bill ever sold. Fifteen years later when the original buyer of the other bike traded it in Bill called me to ask if I was interested, this Vision had much better care than mine and a lot less miles, it is now my daily rider, the original is reduced to parts bike status.  
 Bill Frant joined his Dad in the motorcycle business in the 1960s, if you walked into his shop in 2001 it looked much the same as it did in 1971 except the product on the floor.  Bill was a good friend to have, especially to us fools who thought we were going to be the next big motorcycle or snowmobile racer. Bill was an accomplished racer himself, I believe he won the last quad ice race he entered at the age of 49.
 Bill died this week at the age of 61, thanks for letting me share a little bit of his story on this board.