Rough Draft of a ROV Disclaimer

Started by h2olawyer, April 17, 2005, 01:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Need to work on the legalese a bit, to make it even less readable, but here is a rough draft of a useful waiver of responsibility for all persons accessing the ROV forum and its associated pages.

Read it carefully!   ;D

DISCLAIMER:

The owners, administrators, posters, members or hosts, their heirs and assigns assume no responsibility for the content or accuracy of any information presented in any and all posts contained herein.  Any actions taken by anyone in conjunction with the reading, posting, use or misuse of this forum, any bulletin boards or other associated pages within this website and any information contained therein are taken at the reader?s, poster?s or user?s own risk.  Furthermore, motorcycling and motorcycle maintenance are hazardous activities.  As such, they carry with them the risk of serious injury or death.  The owners, administrators, posters, members or hosts, their heirs and assigns further assume no responsibility for any reader, viewer or other user of this site following or failing to follow the directions provided in any post or other associated page within this site which may cause further harm and damage to the motorcycle, its associated pieces and parts or to other items such as tools, workspaces, garages, shops, houses, apartments, condominiums, mobile homes and anything contained therein.   Also, be it known that viewing computer monitors over prolonged periods may cause vision impairments and use of computer keyboards may cause repetitive motion injuries.   Extensive computer use also has been known to be a contributing factor in obesity.  Users of this site are hereby forewarned of some, but not all of the risks and possible injuries that may occur when accessing and or viewing this site and or using any information posted herein.

Any and all other injuries and risks not specifically enumerated in the previous paragraph are not excluded from this disclaimer.  This waiver of liability is effective from the dawn of time and will expire when the universe collapses upon itself, thereby destroying all matter and ending all life wherever it may or may not exist today.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ProfessorRex

Ah... well, to counter the disclaimer:

One who would own a vision obviously lacks the mental fortitude to properly process information.  No reasonable individual would subject themselves to such a vehicle in light of the fact that many superior motorcycles exist(NOT!), and are readily available for purchase.  Furthermore the act of maintaining a vision, and moreover, hunting down parts from all over the world is clearly psychotic.(ref: lucky refering to himself in the third person, heather buying a second V prior to being able to ride the first!)

Thus the act of owning a vision demonstrates a clear an obvious lack of the ability for rational thought, thus no vision owner can possibly possess the mental fortitude to consent to the aforementioned disclaimer as we are all insane, and operating at a dimished capacity. (for further proof, note that it is 3:20 am and I'm rambling like an idoit)

MY DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS A JOKE of course, the vision is superior to all vehicles ever produced, except the Mach5 (speed racer) that thing could go under water!

:::EDIT:::
Note to Ron, I'm a huge fan of the new Off Topic portion of the board!
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

louthepou

Even though I much prefered reading prof's bit, I think that it's pobably not a bad idea to put H2O's one somewhere around here...

Can we add:

"No amimal, be it a pigmy shrew, a Northern Chorus frog or a manatee, was hurt in the deverlopment or production of this forum."

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

kiawrench

H2O,
 ? ? That one post will go down in Vision forum history as one of the best posts made. Thanks , i needed that today . ?
   i dont see anything missed , unless we count some of our own personal injuries, (like getting run over by a car ,while parked),,, i can tell you are needing that weather to clear out, get some riding weather in .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

supervision

thanks for telling me that, I'll be watching the mail for your bill.  Hey did you see the new  Cycle World, there's an Aprilla v twin motor only weighs 66 pounds  makes 80 hp ..  Dave
" border="0

Wayne

ProfessorRex- Off topic, but thanks for great post. Now if you could explain to my spouse why I am working hour after hour on a 23 year old 550 with a R1 parked next to it that I have a zillion dollars invested in, is sitting there gathering dust. I am not into the drinking and drug thing, maybe it is the family genes. Vision riders must be different.

ProfessorRex

Wayne,
I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll take the R1 off your hands.  Then there will be no issue.  Or direct her to the Colorado statue derived from Rex vs. Late night TV and Mtn. Dew resulting in the admision of obvious diminished capacity of vision owners due to noxious gas released by the YICS-death chamber of evil.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Lucky

Ok, you guys are just weird..
now if i could only get the damn cat off my head...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

admin

yeehaa, now thats one serious piece of legalese(1) if I've ever
seen any....

Nice Job!  I think I'm gong to include that on the new site in some way   8)  especially the part about the universe imploding, that'll cover it I think...

(1) yes, google says that this is a valid word.     ;)

-Ron

h2olawyer

Thanks for the comments.  Had a fun few minutes writing it.  I don't often get a chance to let loose with all the verbiage.  They tried to teach us to write in "plain english" at law school.  After reading all those appelate court opinions, law students learn to write in legalese by osmosis.  Should have chosen about a 4pt font size.  After all, the large print giveth and the small print taketh away!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

hfarley

Finally! A legal reason why I am overweight. ;D ;D.

Now H2O, all you need to add is that it is ok, maybe even best ,if prolonged hours are spent in the garage tinkering with broken bike and fully rideable bike even if that person has not seen their spouse in  a few days. And that their spouse is just to leave beer and food inside the door so as not to allow dust, grease, foam, etc to taint the flavor of the beer. Also that it is normal to hear swear words coming from said garage at 3 am because one is so tired from working on bike but is so addicted to the bike that they can not stop touching it even to sleep.  

In addition, spouse/ loved ones are to fully expect that nice days are not to be spent on doing daily chores but rather spent on riding/working on Vision. The house can go to pieces, it will get cleaned in the winter time. That is of course unless Vision owner has crazy idea and needs to manufacture part for Vision. (Lucky's oil cooler) In that case family members should just pick up slack and assume that life really does revolve around bike.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

h2olawyer

Heather -

The reason for our extra heft may not be a legal reason but it is a valid one.  ;D  I've got a bit of the same problem.  I just wish beer didn't taste so good!

Good point about the "loss of consortium" claim.  I'll figure a way to work it into a later draft.  The swearing is so normal when I'm working on my V that I didn't even think of it!

H2O

Brian Moffet

Quoteif i could only get the damn cat off my head...

I hate to tell you this Lucky, but a helmet works better.

Brian