News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Need help figuring out if conversion was done

Started by hfarley, March 13, 2005, 06:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

Ok this is going to sound kind of stupid  :P, but I have read the archives on this and I have looked at Yamaha's website. But I guess I am being a dumb blonde here. Can you guys tell me a really simple way to tell if the air box/filter conversion has been done on my bike?  ???Like some really simple way to look at it and instantly know that it was done or not? I want to get another air filter for the bike while I have the tank off and I want to make sure it is the right one. I found a link on one of the archives http://robmay.com/airfilter.htm and the one I have looks like the filter on the right in the pictures. Does that tell me that it was done or not or do I have to look at a different part of the whole assembly? I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes at this but I am still learning how things should look and what goes where. Thanks you guys and gals!
-Heather aka the blonde ;D
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Lucky

if the airbox has a vacume hose comming out the front, going to the carbs then the update has been done.  most Visions were done (the update was free) few weren't done.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

MotorPlow

This is an unmodified air box:

The modified air box can be viewed here:
http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partimage.aspx?c=5,961,996&i=50795,2

Notice parts numbered 1,2,3,15 & 21 on the Modified air box, that's the vacuum hose that is not on the Unmodified air box.  I believe you can used the air filter from the modified air box in an unmodified air box, but not vise versa.

hfarley

Thanks I will print this out and then check it tonight. My husband is laughing because now that I have the tank off the bike I was in the garage until late last night just trying to figure out what wires went where and just basically trying to get to know the bike. He said he doesn't know if he should be jealous that I am spending so much time with the bike now or not. I told him it is only going to get worse. LOL! ;D
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Walt_M.

As I keep telling my wife, she should be happy that the Vision is the 22 yr old I have been running around with!
Whale oil beef hooked!

MotorPlow

I usually take digital pictures before and as I am tearing things apart.  That way I know how it all goes back together.

Chrisf