News:

Main Menu

Creative Waterproofing....

Started by Superfly, May 06, 2005, 10:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

Ok, I live in Lancaster, Work in Beverly Hills, and have to go to Pasadena alot.  If I do all 3 in one day, it is around 150-160 miles a day, sometimes a couple of days a week.  I ride my bike everywhere (L.A. traffic.... SUCKS!) and on rainy days, it is not good.  L.A. is a city that does not rain much, so when it does, people wig out!  Yesterday was one of those days, it rained alot, so I was just getting ready to go onto the freeway, and bam... dropped a cylinder.  DAMN!! I limp my bike into the nearest gas station, looked at the plugs & wires, and they were dry enough, pulled the side cover off, and saw that my TCI was wet.  A nice stream of water went down my seat, under the side cover, and dumped right onto my TCI.  Luckly I always carry a spare with me, and seeing that this one got wet, I have to do something different that just put it back into the place where the other one was, or this one will get wet also.  I go in the gas station, and I get a plastic bag, wrap the TCI in a plastic bag, fire the bike up, and head to Pasadena.

I get to Pasadena, and now I am drenched, and the plastic bag I had the TCI in did th job, but it is not doing so well anymore, and now I have to go home.  The trip home is about a 75 mile trip, and it just started to rain hard again!  I am thinking, if this TCI goes out, I am gong to be stranded on the side of the road.  As I am trying to figure out the best way to protect this TCI,  the strangest thing happens, a lady with a baby offered me a diaper to wrap my TCI (Huggies, of course) and to put that in the plastic bag, and that would keep the TCI dry enough....  I was thinking about all of the diaper commercials I saw, and was like... ok, thanks!  So I go back to the bike, wrap the TCI in the Huggies, wrap the plastic bag around that, and head home.

Not one single problem getting home! and it was raining really bad at some spots.  So, if you ever get caught in the rain, wrap your TCI in a Huggies diaper, and it will stay dry!

Maybe I should not have posted this story......
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

h2olawyer

Superfly -

Great idea - that's what I call taking care of your baby!  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

My son said you should send that story to Huggies, they might put you & your bike in a commercial...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black