Todays (short) ride.. a visual journal.

Started by Blake, April 15, 2004, 06:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

So here's the story..  ended up leaving my vision at a house last thursday...lets just say i got a ride home that night.

anyway, its been raining all week here in blacksburg, va, and today was the first nice day, so i got my friend to drive me to the bike, i rode it back to my apartment building, and put the stock exhaust back on (because im taking a trip to deals gap next weekend, and need that 6,000+ powerband that i completely lost with my first crappy attempt at straight pipes...i had so many holes in that it didnt matter if i put my hand on the back of the pipe.  serves me right for using electrical conduit pipe.  next time ill do it right.)

anyway, on the way back apparantly my friend had his digital camera and took some pictures and video of me on the bike riding through town.

thought you guys might like it. (and yes..i know im not wearing boots, i had just gotten out of class and this was a spur of the moment thing, (to pick up the bike)...i promise to never do it again.

one note though.  the video where im riding becides the car.  i still have my home made exhaust on, and im doing about 30 in 4th.. rpms are around 3-4k?  just so you know what the sound is like. i personally love the sound, and will definately make a much better one when i get back at home to my garage and welder.

just for fun.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bstoddar/2004-04-15/

-Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

rick_nowak

enjoy your day

Blake

man.. thats EXPENSIVE here..

just down the road closer to my apt building... 159.. and we even complain about that... not it seems it takes like 6 or 7 bucks to fill up my tank..

haha..  could be worse.. i could be back home at DC paying near 2 bucks.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Humber

I need 17 bucks to top up my tank at the moment... so u guys are lucky
nie ma podpis?w

h2olawyer

Just returned from a 200 mile round trip today - in my pickup, not the Vision. :'(  I only get about 13 mpg highway - not too bad for a 460 cu. in. (7.6 ltr.) V8 with an automatic, 4wd and the air conditioning running about half the time.  The weather is still too cold at 10,000 ft. for a comfortable Vision ride to a job interview.  Anyway, the gas prices for regular around here in northern Colorado are about $1.75/gal. and $2.00/gal up in the more remote mountain towns.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Silver_Bullet

Hey Blake,
Cool video, but I just gotta ask.....how'd you get your wheels to turn backwards like that ;D?  Anyway, thanks for the vids, keep riding.

Mark
If you have to ask why we do this, you wouldn't understand.

gbranche

I want to know where you got those rear turn signals. It seems to me like they'd be a lot less prone to tip-over damage. Any pointers?

Greg

Blake

Hey.  the turnsignals are a cheap set i got from jireh cycles. about 7 bucks a pair, and they're dual filament as you can tell.  i simply tapped into the license plate light for the running light.

but i just painted them a nice flat black today..mm.mm. good...

definately nice to have them smaller than the big ones.

Blake

-im heading out right now (on a ride) but when i get back ill post a link to the signals.

fiddlesticks

:'( waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa No can open. :'(
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"