News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Angeles Crest

Started by Superfly, October 12, 2004, 02:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

I had to go to Pasadena this morning, and decided to take Angeles crest, what a beautiful ride!  All was going well untill I saw this 250 pound man on a fully dressed Harley roar past me.  Today would not have been the best day to ride like the wind, because it had rained up there today.  Needless to say that 10 miles later I saw a car smashed into the side of the mountain, a big man laying on the shoulder, and a fully dressed Harley upside down.  I will open her up at times when the conditions permit, but sometimes a lot of riders do not think before driving like a maniac.  Be careful guys!!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

AFrawert

I have made that same trip many times. One day on a beautiful sunny day I noticed a large helicopter flying real low. Several miles later I came to a road block only to find that helicopter sitting on one of those break / turn arounds. I drove to the front of the road block, parked the Vision and walked up to the sherrif. I asked what happened and he told me another motorcycle rider had driven into the side of a moutain after hitting a car. They airlifted that guy to the trama center at UCLA. The rest, I never read what had happened but the officier said there wasn't much left.

It's the best ride around here but you pay dearly for driving to fast. Slow down, enjoy, and live..

Alan