Blacksburg in the Morning

Started by MotorPlow, February 05, 2005, 06:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorPlow

Jackson Street Cafe
Blacksburg, VA
9:30 AM - Breakfast and then a Ride.
The weather should be in the high 50s.

I haven't decided if I will be there yet, and at 9:30 AM on Sunday, I will have just gotten off work and had been awake for 24 hours.

Enjoy if you go,
Chris F.

Blake

Chris,

I'll definately have to go check on how my bike is today.  Last time i tried starting it (october?) after a big rainstorm everything went dead (electrically)  if its working ill definately drop by.

Thanks for the info,

Blake

ONE of these days ill get this thing up and running good again :)
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

MotorPlow

Blake,
I am hoping that I will make it, like I said its gonna be a really long day for me.  However, email me your phone number christopher@motorplow.com that way, if you don't make it and I do, after breakfast I can call you.  Maybe we both can look at your bike and see whats going on with it.

Besides, I have never seen another vision other than mine, alive or dead.  It would be really nice to hear another vision running.

CYA,
Chris F.

MotorPlow

Needless to say, I didn't make it to breakfast. It wasn't for not trying... I started out by riding the bike to work Saturday night. After work at 8AM Sunday morning, I dusted off the ice on the seat and started the bike. A longer than normal warm up period as the temperature in Ferrum was only 28 Degrees.

I headed West on Rt 40. It was mighty cold without any electric clothing. All I had was my heated grips. Anyway, I got to Shooting Creek to head over to Floyd. I noticed that I could no longer feel my knees. The temperature reading was 19 Degrees. The temperature, my total lack of sleep and the large amount of ice encountered on Shooting Creek forced my body to turn around and head for home, even though my brain wanted to keep going onto Blacksburg. The body won out today.

I guess I have finally found my low temperature limit. When I did finally get home, I found a good layer of ice from my visor back across the top of my helmet, that was neat. My runny nose took a while to thaw out and clear up too. Whoo Hoo, what a morning. Still got to ride about 25 miles this morning before going to bed. Sad part was that by the time I got home, the thermometer on the bike read 37 Degrees.

MotorPlow

Blake,
Let's try this again.  Hopefully, the weather will be better this month.  The forecast is showing 43o for Sunday (Probably much colder in the early AM).  It's about an hour and a half ride for me, so weather will be a big factor.  Anyway:

March 6, 2005 9:30 until...

Jackson Street Cafe
104 Jackson St NE, Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 961-6100
http://tinyurl.com/5pjy8

MotorPlow

The temperature has now been upgraded to 53oF for Sunday.  It's looking better and better except for the "System" the weather guy said might come in Friday Night into Saturday Morning.  Hopefully, that will not effect Sunday.

Blake

Hey Chris,

It seems i keep missing you.  I didnt get the last post you made, our spring break was last week and i was out of town the whole time.  but good news.  Went outside to see if the bike magically fixed itself over the winter from that electrical short late last riding season.  Well with the key in the ignition, everything turned on, and it started to crank over, but low and behold, battery was near dead.  but at least i know its ready to go.  Seems like the only day this week it will be warm is this sunday so im hoping to get out there then and soake all the connections in the headlight bucket with CLR to clean them up a bit.  Also do a little oil change, spark plugs, and coolant.  But this is good, because ill be riding soon!  now all i have to do is get my jetting done for the K&n's i put on (meaning lots of rides packing a laptop in a backpack, and wires hanging all over)  but hopefully itll all work out soon.  But theres always the stock airbox if i want to get a good ride in.

Hope to see you on the road soon.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."