Prairies to the Rockies

Started by Paul_Jungnitsch, February 06, 2005, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_Jungnitsch

louthepou

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the pics. Reminded me of my Ottawa to Vancouver trip (not on my Vision, but on an FJ1100) back in 1993. Visited the Badlands, and Banff - thanks for shaking those memories back to life for me!

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lead_Deficiency

Nice pics & story, omg you do get around don't you.

beastmaster

Awesome trip Paul.I grew up in Kelowna.It was burning pretty bad that year.One of my old friends lost his house.And strangely,another friend's dad's house was the only one undamaged on the street.My father had burning embers falling on his place almost 18 miles away and my brother's family was only a block and a half from being evacuated.It was a burning hell then.You must've been dyin' on your bike through some of it.
Looks like you saw some great country too.Next time you're out that way,think about adding on another 350 miles westward and I'll show you some great coastal rides! Ever been here?

Walt_M.

Thanks for sharing that. Enjoyed the photos and the dialog!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Paul_Jungnitsch

It was burning pretty bad in BC that year, the air was blue as soon as I crossed the Crowsnest pass. Coming up to Osoyoos I thought the highway had 'faded' or something, stopped and it turned out to be a layer of ashes from the fire.

Think I missed the Kelowna fires though, must have been before my trip, as I drove through there in the dark I didn't see any of the damage.

In '87 I drove the same bike to Prince Rupert and then took the ferry down to the island. Quite a drive across the spine of Vancouver island from from Nanaimo to Tofino IIRC!