News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

"vission" accomplished

Started by beastmaster, January 08, 2005, 07:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastmaster

Well,it's been 2 and a 1/2 years since I got it,and it took till this june just past to finally get it working reliably.All the while,I've had more and more fun with it.I'm happy to learn how to deal with it,and I'm becoming a decent rider. 8)
I had it insured right up untill X-Mas Eve.Then I went to Cancun and rented a bike to get around with down there.The Ducati was a great way to make my longest rides ever,touring the Mayan ruins of the Yucatan.
I can't say I love my Vision,but I love what it's done for me. :)
I can't say I'll part with it either.I'll be keeping it after I get my next bike,whatever that may be.
After all the work I've put into it(still needs more),it's very rewarding to ride. ;D

fiddlesticks

Wow your trip sounds great. Congrats on getting the v running good.These bikes do grow on you dont they? My hubby and I wouldnt part with ours either.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

louthepou

Wow, looks like us Canucks look alike from one ocean to another.

Rode my V for the first time back in 1987. For six years, she provided me with loyal services and a decent level of excitement. Some say you never forget your first bike; in my case, I'd have to say my first street ride.

The V was slowly aging, and an FJ1100 lured me away from it. I parked the V in my parents' garage, not really knowing why. I think she did, though. Rode with my wife from Ottawa to Vancouver, did a few shorter trips... Two years later, sold the FJ1100 (post-university reality hit then). No money, no ride... Time to resurect the V.

Even though it was parked just for two years, it felt quite different. I guess it was me that had changed. Anyways, that's when the clip-ons replaced the standard handlebars. After two years of services from a more powerful, more comfortable, great two-up gentleman express ride, I still found the V to be more... pleasant. And it remained that way for a good five years.

Bought a house, got kids (the first years were tough). The V needed work, I didn't have the energy or the time. She went to sleep once more. Four long years, she waited for me. At least by now she had company... (two parts bikes).

Now, since 2003, I ride her again. As peppy as ever, like a horse that will never die. With the shed full of parts, I doubt she ever will. I guess it is true, you never forget your first love.

Cheers!

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

beastmaster

;DLouis!
I'll be damned!
How are you?The starters worked great!Thanks again.
Great story about your bike.
Two weeks of bad weather coming.Time for some regularly scheduled maintenance. :)

louthepou

Good to hear from you as well, the beast from the west coast.

Still, we're in different worlds... I'm spending most of my day today making an ice rink for the kids in the backyard. Still quite a few weeks away from any regular maintenance around Ottawa!

Glad to hear you're still "starting" great. Since we last exchange bike parts, a few interesting posts thaught me a great deal about starter seals. Did you read that as well?

Cheers from Ottawa, about to be taken over by Winterlude's Icehogs!

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic