News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

New Years Day ride!

Started by Josh M, January 01, 2005, 11:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh M

This morning the weather was 50 and sunny.  A perfect day for riding.  My friend Dave showed up at my house at about 12:30 on his '98 Valkyrie, so I fired up my '75 CB750 (I would have taken the Vision, but I still have to rebuild the starter ::)) and we took off for some twisties.  We headed south on NH route 77 and picked up 13 north through New Boston and Goffstown, a nice scenic drive beside the river, and stopped in Goffstown village for some gas, air for my back tire and coffee.  Our friend Sam called him on the cell phone and wanted to hook up for some more riding.  We took the long way back to Dave's house, through Goffstown, Bedford and Manchester, and got to Dave's at about 2:00 where we met Sam on his 883 Sportster, and Adam on his CBR900.  
    A quick warm-up inside and we were back on the road.  We rode the backroads through Bedford, Goffstown and New Boston (about 40 miles) and stopped in New Boston for a smoke break for Adam and a warm up for everyone else, while Dave checked out a camper he was interested in.  By now the temperature had dropped to about 35.  Brrrrrrrrr.  We had done some good riding, but everyone was starting to get cold.  Since I was only about a mile from home, I said my goodbyes and we all went our seperate ways, thankful that we were able to enjoy our bikes, and each others company on New Years Day in New England.
shiny shiny....

Sable

Not bad weather on the Seacoast side of NH either... wish I could have joined you, however, there is a couch parked in front my Vision in the barn where I usually store it for the winter :-/
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

h2olawyer

Quotehowever, there is a couch parked in front my Vision in the barn where I usually store it for the winter

I really like my Vision too, but I don't think I could sit on the couch & watch it all winter - especially out in the barn!  Think I'd rather sit & watch the bowl games.  ;D

Happy, safe & prosperous new year to all!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

As i am now headed home, riding my vision seemed the thing to do today(it was in the trailer ). We made it across alabama,georgia and stopped for the night here at a friends house in spartanburg (where i used to live).
 day was uneventful for the most part, warm, easy riding, no problems with the bike other than a lot of people asking why a bmw has yamaha stickers. followed a transfer truck for most of the day, he didnt mind my tucking into his slipstream and just running near 86 mph most of the day. My charging sys monitor started to show over charging about 30 miles north of atlanta, so i lost my wind blocker there while i pulled of the highway to test the system out . Everything seemed ok, so as a peace of mind repair, i swapped the battery for my spare in the trailer and set off again. This overcharging symptom showed up again near spartanburg, so we have found a room with my friend, will fully test the bike in the morning. I am starting to think my monitor has gone bad, as the bike seems to be working to perfection, just that annoying blinking light on the dash.
   One thing i have noticed, even with the quicksilver fairing, i am really going to have to fabricate a decent lower section, the wind on your legs will make you numb after a couple of hours , and i will need to get some foam sleeves for my grips, those stock rubbers vibrate like crazy !! More as i travel homeward
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

MotorPlow

Here is my New Years Day:
http://motorplow.blogspot.com

It truly was a great day... Approximately 250 miles.

~Chris F.

Kenny

Great day for a ride in Trenton Ontario(across Lake Ontario from Rochester) Our snow has all melted in the last few days it was about 45' and sunny. The roads have traces of salt and gravel but no ice or snow. Hard to believe it's Winter!!
     Happy New Year      Ken S
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Walt_M.

I feel like such a wuss, I did only 50 miles and it was sunny and 75 out. I did go fishing on Sunday and caught a nice grouper.
Whale oil beef hooked!