Dutch mountains

Started by tremalzo, October 31, 2004, 03:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tremalzo

Hi all,

Last week I presented myself on the site and promissed to make some pictures next ride to show you the scenery at this side of the atlantic.

Some 90% of the Netherlands is flat. Only the southern part is not. This is where I live. Mostly green hills and valleys. Twisting and turning roads. Just perfect to ride a bike like a vision. This time the ride goes to Belgium. The first picture is taken a few km from my house. I live near the church.

From my house it?s no more than a 15 minute ride to the Belgian border and 30 minutes to Germany.
Crossing the border to Belgium is very easy. There is no border anymore. Only from things like the different colour of road signs and the look of the houses you can tell you are in anonther country. And of course there is the language. In this part of Belgium they speak French. I hardly speak it. The dialect however is quite the same as ours so making myself understood is not realy a problem.

It is a beautiful autumn day. After a ride of half an hour I made the next pictures at a castle with farmhouse.

This scenery is quite common in this area. I am not sure if this part is Belgium or Netherlands. Could be that the road is the borderline. The next picture definitly is in Netherlands.

These houses ar known as vakwerkhuis. Both the houses on the pictures were restorated. The construction is a wooden frame (this is the black lines on the houses). The wooden frame is filled with twigs that are covered with clay. To meet modern standards after restoration, there have been build brick walls on the inside.

Netherlands is know for the windmills. On my way home I passed one actualy working at the time. I stopped and made this picture.

The last one is a typical landscape of this area.

See you,

Frans

Oh. As you will probably know there is no such thing as Dutch Mountains. The hills on the pictures is all there is.

MotorPlow

Damn,
That Vision is in absolute perfect condition.
Beautiful!
~Chris

Superfly

The Vision is Nice, Almost as Nice as that great Landscape in the background....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Rick G

Humber  sent me some web sites showing scenes in Poland. I'm equally delighted to see these views of the Netherlands.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

fiddlesticks

That bike is in beautiful shape. The pictures are amazing. When I get home I want to show them to my doggies. My husband has been training dogs for many years, and 2 of our 3 dogs were shipped here from belgium. Maybe they will recognize some of the scenery.lol :)
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

louthepou

Hi Frans, the picture of your (mint looking) Vision with the windmill in the back would be in my Vision Calendar, if there was such a thing... Probably not a huge market for such a focussed product though.

Glad to make your acquaintance!

Louis (Ottawa, Canada)
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

tremalzo

[quote  When I get home I want to show them to my doggies. My husband has been training dogs for many years, and 2 of our 3 dogs were shipped here from belgium. Maybe they will recognize some of the scenery.lol :)[/quote]

Hi Fiddle,

Please sent me a picture of your doggies...must be very special ...I must have missed something here.... ;D

Frans

fiddlesticks

Hi tremalzo. You may have misunderstood me. I was making a joke. We have 3 German shepherds. To find good working bloodlines we imported them. Two of them are from Belgium, and one is from Germany. So the joke was that they might recognize the pictures. They are very special. I would love to email you some pictures of them. Oh by the way, if there are anymore bikes over there that look as good as yours, maybe we could import one of them too. lol ;D

Fiddlesticks
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

tremalzo

QuoteHi tremalzo. You may have misunderstood me. I was making a joke. We have 3 German shepherds. To find good working bloodlines we imported them. Two of them are from Belgium, and one is from Germany. So the joke was that they might recognize the pictures. They are very special. I would love to email you some pictures of them. Oh by the way, if there are anymore bikes over there that look as good as yours, maybe we could import one of them too. lol ;D

Fiddlesticks

Hi Fiddelsticks,

Don't worry. I did understand you were joking. Tried even to reply with a joke. That is why I used the smiley ;D.

Englisch just is not my first language. Understanding it just works fine. Finding the right words when I have to speak or write myself is not that easy as you will have noticed.

I love to see some pictures of your dogs. If possible make it outside pictures so I can see some scenery of your part of the world too.

As for the looks of the bike. First thanks for the compliments. I spent quit some time in getting it the way it looks now. The better parts I used mainly come from your side of the atlantic.... Climate over there seems to be milder for a vision than it is over here. The previous owner did a repaint of the bodywork. What remains to be done is a repaint of the frame which has some rust and another exhaust. You can't tell from the pictures but this one has been welded and has a leaking collector. I hope to finish the restoration next winter.

Looking out for some pics.

See you,

Frans

h2olawyer

Frans -

Let me add my compliments on a great looking Vision & great scenery to ride in.  Seeing earlier posts, I'm considering putting together a Vision Calendar.  If anybody's interested, let me know.  With enough interest - wouldn't take much - I'd enjoy the project.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

tremalzo

QuoteFrans -

Let me add my compliments on a great looking Vision & great scenery to ride in. ?Seeing earlier posts, I'm considering putting together a Vision Calendar. ?If anybody's interested, let me know. ?With enough interest - wouldn't take much - I'd enjoy the project.

H2O

H2O,

Thanks! Earlier Louthepou suggested something like a Vision calender. Thought he was joking (I definatily have to improve my English) I think it a great idea. Where can I order one?

ROV has members all over the world. It shouldn't be to difficult to get pictures of Visions from all over the world to put together a world-of-vision-calender. Just have a look at the member map and imagine you could ride your bike in all those different sceneries all over the world. Wow!

If I can help, please let me know.

See you,

Frans