News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Ontario (or close to ) Ride

Started by Lead_Deficiency, September 14, 2004, 09:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lead_Deficiency

Hi,

Any ontario V owners want to get togther for a ride?

Lead Deficiency

Venture

Definitely! Do you want to try to plan something for this fall or next spring? What about location? I guess we need to find out where all the Ontario riders are. I'm on the windy shores of Lake Huron, 120 miles due west of Toronto.  But hey, how many snowmobiliers are out there? This time of year I'm just itching to get out my Formula and Grand Touring. In a few weeks, it's going to be a little cool for bike riding anyway.

Lead_Deficiency

We could plan a fall and spring ride. As for location, lets see who is able to go and we should try to pick something central.

Hey you've got more than a few weeks before snow, but if its kinda cool to ride, your snowmobile jacket should keep you warm ;)

Rob_OS23

Hey!
I am up for a ride, it would be great to go sometime soon this year.  I am in Owen Sound, which is about 50 miles from where Venture is.  So how long of a ride are we planning to go for here?  It would be nice to make a day of it.  Any ideas yet as to where we could go?

fiddlesticks

We would like to go for a ride. The bike may not be ready for a fall run, but a spring run sounds great. :) Im in Toronto.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Brian Matthewson

Count me in, depending on when, where, and duration of the ride.
I'm in Toronto, almost anywhere in Southern Ontario would be OK with me. Can't make Oct 3 - 8. Spring would be OK, we could even consider meeting at Americade....Jason Morris (the great wise man of Visions) usually attends.

Lead_Deficiency

If the weather is OK how about Oct.10th. I know Thanksgiving is the 11th, any Ideas ?

Lead_Deficiency

Venture

Hey, good site Lead! I scanned through some of the routes. I can appreciate the Bala-Huntsville area for awesome beauty when riding. I spend alot time up in Huntsville every year and the scenery is just amazing. Last year I stopped in Bala for lunch. A group of bikers had a tour going on in that area, must have been about a hundred of them.

Lead_Deficiency

A friend of mine said that if you get off #11 at Bracebridge # 118 and go east to Canarvon its all new pavement and a great bike road.

I don't know how far people want to ride though.

Lead_Deficiency

We could do a "forks of the credit" type of ride

Venture

Hey Lead, what does 'forks of the credit' suppose to mean????

Lead_Deficiency

It's winding roads through a river valley, not far from T.O. knida Northwest of it. Belfountain area

you can find it here.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/elhum/roads.htm

Rob_OS23

Ok, someone make a decision! ;D
This years gonna be gone soon.  I would have to say that I would be willing to travel up to 100 km to a starting point, and I would like to arrive at that point no later than 11:00am-12:00pm.  Then, it would be great to go for a good ride, and maybe head for home around 4:00.  I'm in Owen Sound, so I could definantly meet in the middle between here and Toronto.  Where is everyone coming from?  We have to pick a somewhat central spot to meet, then decide where we're going...
I work through the week, so Saturday and Sunday are the only days I could go.

Cdnlouie

Count me in if possible!  I missed this dialogue but have gotten your emails.  I am close to Forks of the Credit from Mississauga.  Great fall riding roads.  Not too much wind chill.  By the way I picked up some heated gloves that I need to get installed so I'm good to go!  Got a half-fairing too, so good till the snow falls and then some.

Louie

fiddlesticks

So its getting close to decision time. It looks like we have someone in Kincardine, Owen Sound, Schomberg, Missisauga and Toronto. Where is a spot that is convenient for everyone and central to everyone. Im thinking Grand Valley??? Does that sound ?like a good spot? Lets just have a show of hands who is in, because if anyone is definately out then it may affect where is a central place. A simple post of In or Out will work.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Lead_Deficiency

Venture

Out for now, and that's breakin' my heart. Oh well, I'll just have to get the sleds out of storage this weekend just to quit feeling sorry for myself. This will be a good trial run for you guys this weekend. See how it goes and we can probably do something bigger and better in the spring time. I hope the weather holds up well for you guys on your ride. Let me know how it goes....Chris...

fiddlesticks

In

We will let you know how it goes Venture
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Lead_Deficiency

If you think you might be in check you email. If you didn't get an email and want in, SEND AN EMAIL to myself or fiddlesticks