News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

General weekend riding...

Started by Dave T., May 18, 2004, 08:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T.

The weather was so-so on Saturday, but there were two open houses and a Vintage motorcycle show, so this day could not be bad on the Vision!!! ?:D

First was the Delano Sports Center //www.bikershop.com Open house and pig roast! Life in the big city has it's advantages. Too many people for free food in line, so I just had some pop. They had $10 dyno runs without air/fuel. Seen some Harleys to Hyabusas.

The day before they had an Aprillia demo day where you could ride an RSV MILLE!!! ?:o I had to work so I missed it... :'(
But anyway, just shot the #$@% with a few people for a few hours, some dood on an R1 was doing burnouts, wheelies and stoppies in the street. Luckily no cops were around.. Here was a picture of a Vmax sittin' out side of the Dyno room. Double Vision?? ;D

They sell KTM's there so I sat on a new KTM adventure 950 and started it up, man, was that sweet!! For $12,500 I could have drove it home and ditched the V! Nah, I wouldn't do that.

Anyway, I left DSC for the VJMC show and my speedo quits working, wouldn't you know, it snapped. So I tried to get one at the show, but no dice. So I order one yesterday. I called in advance and they said they were going on a group ride at 4 p.m. so I wanted to go with. Free brats and pop! I chowed seriously. Nothing better than free! Only about 30 Vintage jap bikes there and most were locals. But no Visions. I had the only one. I tried to enter the contest, but I missed the deadline by one hour. There were a few neat bikes there, nice ones were the old Suzuki 2 strokes, and 2 rotarys. There was this neat '71 Moto Guzzi there I thought was the best, but the guy just rode there to watch. Neat huh?

As I was waiting for the group ride to start, some guy wiped out in the parking lot on his old KZ kawasaki. Didn't look bad, but they called 911 and the police and ambulance showed up. I guess he separated his shoulder and messed up his neck. Anyway, after this, a group of 25 of us or so left for a 100 mile ride. Nice easy pace with all different types of bikes and riders. I should have got a pic of this girl on a crotch rocket with a MotoX helmet on. She was sweet! We stopped at a bar and they bought us free orderves! (sp?) I had a few beers and shot the S#$% with a few people. Here is a pic of us leaving... Sorry, picture doesn't show up for some reason.  ???

I was flyin' wheelies in first so some guy on a Buell started flyin' em too (considerably faster, like 50). Fun group ride. It started to rain on the way back home and we all gradually went out separate ways. Another good riding day. Enjoy each and every one of them to the fullest... ?;)
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)