Little ride

Started by GAJim, March 14, 2004, 03:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAJim

Finally bolted on the Wolf exhaust system.. The day was absolutely beautiful.  Put about 50 miles on it.   Bike has more torque with the Wolf vs. the Mac I had on it before.  Every time I think of getting a different bike (when the V isn't running)  I then get it alive again and this is one fun bike to ride.

Walt_M.

Took mine out for a little spin today, weather has been beautiful unfortunately. Spring breakers are in abundance and I had to be extra careful, saw an SUV crazy, in an apparent hurry to get to the beach, make a pass on a two lane and almost go head on into a car turning on to the road. I slowed and was immediately passed by another idiot in an SUV. But, the bike ran great, as it usually has and I made it home in one piece. 60 more miles, charging system is still ok, no oil leaks.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

finnaly getting into a bit of warmer weather..slightly. got the carbs on yesterday after the winter rebuild, added a splash of gas and went for a short spin. and the Vision gods said 'It was good'...  Love the smell of the wood-chip supply yard! :)

Synqed the carbs today and picked up 2 more side cover gaskets, changed the oil & filter, installed my radar detector & added a switch for the rad fan.

Still have some minor work to do: change out the charging system, rebuild the brakes & fork seals, find a mount for the GPS, paint the Shoie bags, and oh yeah, time to jettison those stock grips.  enough to keep me busy for a while, lol.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black