News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

1st feeble attempts....

Started by RussD, November 09, 2003, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussD

Not much, but for those who didn't read it on the other board, it's the best I've got so far!!   ;)  

.........Beautiful November Ohio day today.....sunny & high 60's, low 70's!!     Took the V out for a spin today. Decided to hit the highway, as I have been afraid to stray too far from home with the charging issues I've still been having. Did some onramp racing with semi's, and generally had a great time......She purred like a kitten.....Figured those highway miles would be good for her carbs too.  

Anyway.....once I got about an hour in, started hanging closer to home, 'cause that's when she usually starts that lurching bit, which generally signals she's getting ready to die on me. 2 hours goes by, and I swing home, 'cause it's dark now & I still have my sunglasses on, plus it's cooled down some, and I pick up a jacket. The kids had asked earlier if they could go for a ride, so I take them all for little spins around the neighborhood. Bring my oldest home, and the bike dies trying to get up the hill into the driveway, so I figure "OK....she finally died.....no way she'll start again". Hit the start button & she comes right back to life. So I decide to go get gas, as I actually put on about 100 miles today & went through a tank of gas!!  Get her to the station & shut her down to fill her up (decide to give her a drink of the good stuff today....94..... since she's been such a good girl for me)....figure her carbs outa like that too!  

Thinkin' I'm going to be pushing her home again, 'cause there's no way she'll start up after this. She fires right up AGAIN!!  Rode her around town some more.....using my brights & my turn signals as much as I can (usually don't use either since that infamous trip to my mother-in-laws last month), but figured I want to see how far I can push it before she finally dies on me. Hit some of my favorite twisties & really got to push her a bit.....What a blast!!  Finally bring her home & sit in the driveway hitting the kill switch & re-starting her over & over & over again. She just kept starting!!
2005 Governor Cup Champion Toledo Mudhens

Lloyd Cooper.........the best coach a Michigan opponent could ask for!

'82 Vision (Sold???)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572170463
'98 Honda Blackbird/CBR 1100XX