South shore of Lake Superior

Started by Dave T., August 03, 2003, 06:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T.

? ? I wanted to get out of the house for the day (or weekend) and I looked at my Atlas and said, where should I go this weekend on the V? I went to Duluth last spring, so I didn't want to go there again. But I decided on the South shore. It's around 220 miles one way, so I figured I'd get a room up there some where.

? ? ?Any way, it was sunny when I left and it just got cloudier and cloudier as I went. I finally got up to Ashland about 11:00 a.m. I took 32 pictures, and here is one of Chequamegon Bay with my V.

? ? So I head up the North side of the bay and it starts to rain. I got hit at Washburn, WI. The next 20 miles were wet. I was headed to the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. I got to Bayfield and seen the ferry that goes to Madeline Island 2.6 miles off shore. 3000 people live there in the summer and 200 year round' the ferry dude told me. I could have ferried the V out to the island but they wanted $19 round trip to go out there.More Pics!

? ? I took road #13 all the way around the point (for you who are looking at atlases). Since my V is so compfy, I decided to ride home. One cool point was when this road had a detour, and I did not want to take it (Hwy 2 by Maple, WI) I decided what the heck, this road looks like a motorcycle can travel on it, so I took it. Here is what it looked like under construction, an me buried in dirt.

? ? So on the way home, I felt like Linus from Peanuts. I had this rain cloud that was ahead of me that I just kept trying to avoid. It kept raining on me. After enduring bugs up the yin-yang, rain and 500 miles, I made it home to Minneapolis (area). I had zero problems with my V and the rain doesn't seem to phase this bike.

? ? Next weekend I'm planning to ride 380 miles to //www.roadamerica.com. Looks like I'm turning into an IRON BUTT! ;)
 ? ?
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Rick G

It sure looks better than the last time I saw it!  Your pics make me wish I was still in Columbia Heights, I could have ridden with you! Your right, rain dosen't phase the Vision,  I've proved that here in Oregon.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike