News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Sunday Ride

Started by RobTx, March 23, 2003, 08:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobTx

The forecast for Sunday being clear and a high of 77 degrees, we decided we'd ride out to Hico, Tx for a bite.  Got the bikes out of the garage about 10:30, my girlfriends XS650 and my Vision.  Decided we were hungry so we went and had a breakfast burrito at The Trellis Rose, one of our favorite places to eat, before we set off.  After that we topped of the tanks and hit the road.  First off, it was really windy.  Like 20+mph from the Southwest, the way we were headed.  My smallish windshield was no match for the wind and we were buffeted pretty well the whole day.  The sun was bright and the roads not to busy as we first headed South on I-35W toward Cleburne, then a right onto 174, then another right onto 67 South toward Glen Rose.  I-35 is an Interstate, so it was huge, I was happy to get off of it.  174 is a shortcut to 67 which is a nice road, some mild curves and not much traffic.  Glen Rose is home to Dinosaur State Park, so a lot of traffic there.  The State Park has fossilized dinosaur prints in the Paluxy river and is a pretty neat place to visit.  But we were starting to get hungry again, so we push on past Glen Rose to FM220 to Hico.  It's a tiny town, but a popular destination for bikers from Dallas/Ft. Worth.  We had a great lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then it was time to continue on towards home.  We headed north on TX281 to Stephenville and filled up with gas at about the 110 mile point.  The wind had shifted from the Southeast, so we didn't get a straight tailwind, but it was much better than the ride out.  We then headed north on Tx360 towards Ft. Worth, stopping to stretch our legs in Granbury.  TX360 is a nice road with gently rolling hills, some mild curves and a million bikers.  I waved at least a hundred times today.  The rest of the trip was uneventful, continuing on toward Ft. Worth then hitting I-20 for the last 20 miles to home.  All in all a great trip, 195 miles on the Vision, two great meals, and spending the day with my girlfriend doing something we both love, riding.  Every Sunday should be so perfect.
Rob  

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black