News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Vison powered Flat Tracker

Started by yamy, February 25, 2004, 09:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamy

Check out this Vision powered flat tracker. Go to 1800FlatTrack.com, scroll down to "taking the chill out of winter":

http://www.1800flattrack.com/article.php?aid=3168&UID=0uRZ7zt181OAsGRekDrQd4zQ9Heckr

Awseome pick of the old Vision engine in a modern flat track frame. Goin' racin'...

Walt_M.

I couldn't get to the site, wonder what displacement it is? I still haven't heard if anybody has sent a piston and cylinder to Wiseco so they can look at doing new piston and ring sets. I don't need them right now but I do have spare cylinders, pistons and cylinder heads that I could send if no one else can.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

Dave already has a sample piston  and I emailed him the critical dimensions  of the cylinder , we will see what happens.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

RobTx

That is one sweet looking bike.
Rob

Rick G

The Vision had (has) plenty of potential , aside from this jewel kenny Roberts had  a v engine in a custom road race frame.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

glyn pickering

Any web pictures of that Kenny Roberts bike? Also that vision race bike on the pic's, was that motor heavily modified does anyone know?

Cheers

Glyn ;)

Blake

Kenny Roberts used a Vision engine?!?

wow...  i always knew him as the xs650 man.. maybe because i frequent those pages...but wow.. news to me..

if only lots of other people were interested in the vision... i could go into buisness with one off's/

P.S.   AFR METER HAS BEEN ORDERED!!!.. :)

blaek
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Rick G

The Pics I have are in an old copy of the ROV news letter. They were taken by Jeff Swan on a trip to CA. I can scan them  and maybe Chris( Motorplow)   will post them for a while . I'm assuming Jeff wont mind,  maybe it will inspire more people to subscribe to the news letter.
Rick G

admin

that bike is awesome.
the name of the company is memphis shades, they make windshields, Hmmm... maybe we should be sending windshield requests to these guys...  ;)

-Ron

yamy

Hey Rick -

Did you see this bike at the Indy Show too?

Could not believe my eyes when I saw it :o. The gents running the booth did not have much info on the bike. That, and I was in a hurry to get out of there. Just my luck...

- Dave

Rick G

No, unforuatly I wasen't there, but thanks for the picture!
Rick G