News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

COMPATIBLE RRs from different bikes:LIST one p

Started by scootertramp, May 16, 2004, 08:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

I am compiling a list of compatible RRs suitable for use in the VISION.
If you know of any please sing out. I'm going on a hunt for a ten dollar RR and I need some info..
I know about the Viragos..
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

scootertramp

THE RR32 I scavanged from a RADIAN 600 has a green wire too.. The green wire is a switched ground for the alternator field.
so Iffen I had hooked it up to the POSITIVE lead like somebody suggested? BZAP!
What does a switched ground  for the alternator field do?
cause this is a

Bruce

A more complex version of a stator allows the R/R to actually switch the magnetic field in the stator on and off, instead of just shunting the excess to ground like the Vision does. So I am thinking the Radian R/R would not be suitable for our bikes.

Bruce.

scootertramp

RADIAN 600 ain't a goode choice. "I" got burnt this time. DANG! ten smacks down the tubes. I cut it out . and threw it on the floor where it ain't even goode enough to toss in the can.. I'm gonna tell folkes to step on it go ahead and grind it into dust.. . All my beautiful soldering and shrink wrappage/ KAPUT!.. . GRRRRRRRR! >:(@%$$%#$$#!!@****%%%$###!!!
dude prolly knew it. well I know it now. but I'm not bittere,, oh no.. just COMMITTED! ahahahahaha!
cause this is a

Lucky

I posted a list of compatable R/Rs a couple of weeks ago, I'm sorry, I don't remember what post it was.  you can simply go to Electrex's website and look and see what bikes have the same R/R #
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

Several honda ones will work including the CX500, Kawasaki RR that work are the KZ 550,750, 1000 and 1100. these are all preferable to the stock one.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

nvdranger

I was goin through the Electrex website and several bikes use the same stator and or r/r.  do you think that means that the stock ones will work as well?  i think that they would but want to check before i wasn't my time and money in finding one on evilbay.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.