Teleflex Voltmeter on sale / Photos

Started by Leather, October 08, 2002, 07:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leather

BTW

Got into this because I am installed a TACH into my Yamaha 1100 watercraft.  It never had one (??!!).  Well, turns out only one company made a line of WATERPROOF marine gauges.  Teleflex.  They made a line marketed directly for watercraft.

AND... they have discontinued the line so marine stores are selling these off a discount.  

Where the Vision comes in.

I put one of their volt meters in and it works great.  Check Boat US and they're selling them off for about $25.  Only downside is that it is not lit.  BUT... very easy to see in daytime.  LED versions below might be better for night riding.

And just to prove that the charging system on these bike CAN work  (mine will quit tomarrow because I have printed this) here are the pictures.

Hole is where my NON-WATERPROOF LED clock was. You can imagine what happen there.  New one on order  (was from Radio Shack who has stopped selling them but JC Whitney still does).

Picture below is at idle

There is another solutiion I like.  Some are selling and making LED voltage moniters for 12volt systems:

Here's the Dyna Voltage Monitor (about $50).

This might be even better.  Simple and cheaper at $25:

http://www.electricalconnection.com/meters_indicators/meters_and_displays.htm

another picture

Some good ideas and nice to have on bike.

- L

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way.

QQBS

Leather;  You're out of gas.  Cheers.

Leather

Man ... that is damn funny  8).  I knew some "sharp-ass-a-"tach" rider would see it.

Yes ... you're right!  (well ... sort of).

I have an '82 tank on the machine (my '83 is being restored.... well, someday).

I guess if I was clever (NOT) I would have at least shorted the wires so it always read full!?  Of course, I would forget that and then REALLY run out of gas.  At least now I live in some  concentric circle of gas hell.

Of course, its all a MOOT POINT.... BAD NEWS ... because you can't ride outside right now.  Some bastard  (actually .... that was improper language...)  .. some F*cking bastard is sniping at us.

WTFO YGBSM, some FUBAR guy with no SA for life: I hope they don't "catch"  this XRAY ALPHA but find ASAP, SHACK and render TU. AMF!

For a full air power translation of that email me personally and I WILL provide.

It would be the ultimate irony to survive 56 hours of combat flying time over the years (including the ones I'm about to do, can't tell you or I have to kill you  {the entire internet??}) ... only to buy it by a sniper near the nations capital.

Its a wacky world.

Luckily ... some of the people nutty'er than us are just cool and entertaining:

...and just TOO COOL FOR WORDS !!!!

Was that TMI ?

- Leather
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way.

jasonm.

I did the green LED thing like the last picture. I made it. It lights as long as there is 14 volts.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules