News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Paper work for a dumb French

Started by Bo, November 03, 2003, 04:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo

Hi guys...
I'm may be a dreamer, but I fall in love with this bike (even if it's not working yet).
I started to look for the paper needed to ship it over sea to France... And to be allowed to ride it there.
I wrote to different French organization to have a list of what I need, but I know need some Americans to know how to get the docs here.
If you prefere the original French documentation, I can post it, but I tried to translate it first now.
I need to prove I paid the taxes. What if I bought it from a guy and not a company?
I have to proove that the power is under 73.6kW (by the constructor if it's possible)
An attestation than the motorcycle is conformed to US legislation
The weight, total and per wheel
The power of the brakes
Maximum theoritical velocity
Electromagnetic compatibility
Homologation of the muffler
I assume Yamaha did it to sell it in EU, but where to find that? Do you know if any of these caracteristic has been change to sell it over sea?
Do you know if I could send it France, ride it a while as a foreigner bike to take it back home (I don't live next to an harbor, and don't want to buy any trailer just to bring it home), then just to let it in my home until all the paperwork has been done?
I saw a lawyer on the forum, may be he could tell me where to find the information (I realize than it would be to much work to collect it for me, and haven't got any money to pay anybody to do that for me).
I'll continue to write to the French administration, but I'm not sure to have any further information.
Thanks!
Bo

RussD

Hey Bo.....I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but Ron has the original spec sheet from Cycle Magazine posted on the home page for this forum. Here's the link to get you there quicker:

http://www.ghetti.net/rov/Technical/Road_Test/road_test.html

Maybe some of this data will help answer your questions about the bike.

2005 Governor Cup Champion Toledo Mudhens

Lloyd Cooper.........the best coach a Michigan opponent could ask for!

'82 Vision (Sold???)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572170463
'98 Honda Blackbird/CBR 1100XX

h2olawyer

Hi Bo -

Check your messages - I sent you some info. ?After checking the Cycle World page elsewhere on this site, the weight distribution is 45% front & 55% rear. ?Not sure what you mean by electromagnetic compatibility. ?It is a 12 volt system and as I remember, the output of the stator (generator) system is 250 watts. ?Humber is a great source for the euro version specs.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

I have a sheet  with factory specs , but its in Japanese!  the power rating of 73.6 KW  is of course  the method of determining HP  in some metric countries.  you might be able to  convert it , the 82's were rated at 64, hp
Yamaha in the us is Yamaha International  Corp.  and I believe they are on Katella ave , some where in Orange county CA.  you might drop them a email and see what comes back.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

RobTx

64 hp = 47.72 kw  73.6 kw is approximately 100hp.

Bo

Thanks!
I don't find the email adresse of Yamaha, do you have it? If not, I'll send them a mail at

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
 6555 Katella Avenue
 Cypress, CA 90630

That's it?

Rick G

Thats it , iIwish I had a name for you to address to, but its been to many  years  since I was there.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Humber

BO, the most important question here?? Are you moving to France??? or to you want to travel only???
nie ma podpis?w

biaggi

Bo, if your in France why not source one from the UK - few and far between but much easier I'd guess??

Bo

Hi
As soon as I finish my studies, I'll move back to France. I'm a Franch citizen and won't live more than few years in the USA
Bo

Humber

So... my friend.. there is no real need to find out the information u are interested in...

firs of all, in few years time u may be no longer keen on having a vision..... that's one point

secondly, regulations change all the time and in few years time it may be not necessary to pay taxes at all... so why bother now???

that's my 5 c...
nie ma podpis?w

Canadian_Daniel

hey, if you need anything translated for you, I can do it. I used to live in Dijon.