News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

XJ550 vs. XZ550?

Started by sdinino, March 01, 2002, 09:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdinino

I've been looking for a mount bracket for a Quicksilver fairing without much success... but I recently found a guy who has one for a XJ550. Anyone out there know if there's a chance that bracket may fit? What's the difference between the two bikes?

TIA!

-- Steve D

gaillarry

The XJ550 is an in-line 4 cyl (maxim or seca). I believe you could make it fit with very little modification.

QBS

Last weekend I was in the local junk yards pondering the attachment of a Quicksilver fairing to a V.  While doing so I ran across a Quicksilver mount on an unknown 4 cylinder air cooled bike.  The mount ran right though the area that on a V would have been occupied by the radiator.  I'm pretty sure that the xj550 was air cooled.  Bottom line:  It would probably take major modification to make an xj550 mount work on a V.  Cheers.

jasonm.

You can do anything with the right materials and a good welder. I do know the correct bracket mounts to the frame at the 2 bolt holes either side of the steering stem that the '83 fairing uses. And also lower down on the frame it is also clamped, similar to the '83.  So you have four attachment points.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules