FUSE BOX REPLACEMENT?

Started by Don Minor, May 06, 2005, 07:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Minor

I know this subject has been covered before, but I can't seem to find it.
  I got my  little "v" running today, great! But I had some smoke, not from the exaust, from the fuse box. I know I could put in line fuses like I have on the other v, but I would like to install an upgraded fuse box.
  Does anyone know where I can get one that won't melt down, and will fit in the same area as the one the v came with.
Don
 ???

Buffo

i use the inline fuses but other members here have gotten sealed fuse boxes at pep boys. i dont know what the part number is but if you brought yours in i bet they could set you right up.
im sure some one else here has the part number though.

Don

Buffo

i think it was blake who wrote the post that i read.

Lucky

it's on my site, http://www.xz550.com
see the 'replacement parts' page, made by littlefuse
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Don Minor

:)Thanks Lucky,
  I'll get one and see how it works.
   I'll let you know how it turns out.
Don

Lucky

your welcome, they work great, and they have an extra position on them i use that fuse for powering my gps, radar detector, & microwave oven. (gotta have hot coco!)
--Lucky

h2olawyer

Quotei use that fuse for powering my gps, radar detector, & microwave oven. (gotta have hot coco!)

What about the big screen TV, DVD & satellite dish?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

no big screen tv...but how cool would a Heads Up Display be!!

h2olawyer

Way cool!  Thanks, Lucky - one more toy I need to find, now!
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Extent

Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Lucky

your my hero!! lol
no way i have the cash for that toy though, i was kidding anyway :)
I dout it'd work with our coil pickups..

h2olawyer

Good find, Extent.  Thought I remembered seeing something about a HUD last winter but didn't remember where.  This may have been it.  Too much $$ for me to try on something that likely wouldn't work with the V anyway.  Besides, I just went over the toy budget on a helmet cam.

H2O

MotorPlow

JP Cycles sells a replacement fuse box.  I think in their catalog it siad it was weather resistant, but doesn't mention anything here:
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=B1368316-5088-4785-986F-8439A5F44457&search=fuse&store=All&page=1

Enjoy,
Chris F.

Superfly

If you use the fuse box from Littelfuse, it will handle the 30Amp main fuse (even though it is rated for less). I have used it for a while now, and have not had any problems.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

DaWiseWun

I use the gray one from radioshack, works great.

Josh
"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities; the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

Don Minor

??? No joy at Pep Boy's. They couldn't even cross the part number. I went to Kragen, Auto Zone and Radio Shack. I finally found one at Off Road Warehouse. I had to do some mods but it seems to be the fix I needed. I'll keep you up to date on the other fixes that will be needed on a bike that has less than 2800 miles.
Don

Lucky

really? i saw one at my local P Boys last week (and thought 'it's good the info is still current')
but then Pep Boys sucks anyway...

Coil Coyle

My local NAPA looked one right up in his electrical catalog.
It is 3"x3"x 1/2 with 6 fuses, the plastic auto kind. :D

The terminals were two rows of three to a side of 1/4" spade :P

coil

George R. Young

I had good luck with taking the guts out of an automotive fuse box and inserting into the stock Vision fust box.

Rob_OS23

Hey coilXZcoyle,
Do you have the part number for that electrical box?  Do you know if it was weatherproof?