News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

yesterdays issues

Started by harry_angel69, June 01, 2005, 09:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harry_angel69

I pulled and checked the yics.  It is leaking internally and externally and the hoses are pretty rotten.  Does that catch anyone off guard?  Replaced and plugged the hoses for now.  Checked my airbox and filter and everything seems to be seated and working correctly.  I put everything back together and turned the key and nothing.  No light, no noise, nothing.  So I figure a dead battery.  Charge the battery and nothing.  Check the battery 14ish volts.  None of  the fuses are blown.  I jiggled the key around to see if I could make an internal connection and nothing.  Worked perfect the day before.  I can not find my book anywhere today.

Is there a relay or what am I missing?

Could this be part of my problem with it not wanting to idle or run correctly?
Don't tell me about your "gonna do" projects.  Just do it already.  I don't want any coulda, shoulda, woulda in my life.

Walt_M.

Put your voltmeter on the battery, then turn on the key. If the voltage stays the same, your ignition switch is not making contact. If the voltage goes to less that 10V, your battery is bad. It could be either.
Whale oil beef hooked!

ProfessorRex

Did you flip the kill switch?

I don't mean to offend you and I've done it myself!

Other than that, check the ignition switch assembly (the part the key goes in)

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Superfly

The Kill Switch!!  I wasted 10 minutes once for the exact same reason.... Sometimes is the funniest things!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

dchakrab

I've spent a lot of time jumping up and down on the enfield's kickstarter with the kill switch flipped, so I sympathize. I'm usually with friends who don't know anything about bikes, so when I do realize the problem, I can just flip the switch back with a look of concentration on my (hopefully straight) face, and then nod when it starts.

:)

Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.