News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Is this a set of Euro Gears?

Started by ProfessorRex, May 18, 2005, 09:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfessorRex

I saw this on ebay today, is this a set of "Euro Gears"  if not, what do they look like?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10490&item=7975524665&rd=1

Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Walt_M.

I'm not sure if that is the 'Euro' gear set. The US primary uses 33T on the crankshaft gear and 73T on the driven gear, 'Euro' is 34T and 72T. The gear of the 3 on top that looks like it could be the crank gear has, by my count, 33 teeth.  
Whale oil beef hooked!

jasonm.

Odds are, if it's off a US bike it's not euro... I sold my '82 with the euro gears...darn.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Cdnlouie

Lucky and I went through this about a year ago with a listing in England and it turned out that they had the same primary and clutch as the Canadian and American models.? If you counted 33 on the primary here then this would confirm another one of England's finest as the same as ours.? This would appear to limit the Euro set to Europe.? At least until someone is able to give us more info on it.

Louie? :'(

Humber

I can find an EU gear set but it will cost you some EUs.....
nie ma podpis?w

veloce430

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Humber

I think that some 100EU for the set alone + delivery + money transfer....

How many can I get.. I don't know... I haven't been in Vision stuff since i sold mine so I lost track of part adds. I would have to dip into it once again...
nie ma podpis?w

Junior

Humber-What are you riding now?

Humber

a car.... a darn EU version of Cadillac Catera.... damn shit... be happy with your visions guys....

by the way.... I was in need for a car so I had to get rid of XZ, in fact I don't regret. When I am looking for some bike in future, I will make sure it is second-hand brand new.... no 10+ year old things....
nie ma podpis?w