News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Petcock Repair kits

Started by Rob_OS23, February 14, 2005, 02:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_OS23

This might be the oldest news around, I'm not sure.
In case it isn't just wanted to let everyone know that that guy near Toronto Ontario that sells the carb rebuild kits also has petcock repair kits, as well as just the diaphragm.

beastmaster

I ordered my carb stuff from there today.The guy said that they have piles of them.Go figure!
So far,that's one of the few "easy buttons" I've found with my bike.Same day shipping too. :)

Superfly

Are they the (carb) kits with the wrong jets?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

beastmaster

The guy I spoke to was hip to the mis-labelling.Their website has pictures of the products so you can actually visually confirm what you need.The two different years have major gasket differences,among other things.Check the pictures and make sure you use the right part #'s.

Lucky

A note of caution:
NONE of the petcock kits advertised fit the 83.  the 83 has a dual diaphram & all the kits are single. as far as i'm aware there are no other bikes with this diaphram either.

I was told that you could use 2 single diaphrams in the 83 but have no idea if this is true. I guess when time comes to repalce one, someone will have to buy 2 to find out...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

What is the name of the place?

Humber

QuoteA note of caution:
there are no other bikes with this diaphram either.

not TRUE

nie ma podpis?w

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

How interchangable is the Virago with the Vision?  I have noticed many similarities....

beastmaster

QuoteWhat is the name of the place?

Sirius Consolidated Inc.          www.siriusconinc.com

Funny web-address,eh!lol ;D

Rick G

Actually, nearly all Yamaha road bikes of this vintage use the same diasphram.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

louthepou

Most old yamaha petcocks I've taken the time to open (maybe a dozen) needed care, not parts. Often, if you go really, really, really slowly with the diaphragm, you can remove it without ripping it to shreds. I've soaked a few stiff ones in power steering leak sealer oil (softens the rubber and is available on my lube shelf in my shed, two essential conditions). Same with the weird multi-holed o-ring thing. Then, some Dremel work to clean all holes, canals, nooks, and you've got a working petcock.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic