bike value?

Started by Kevin, May 27, 2005, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

My son dumped his vision, busted fairing, tank  has major dent. Nothing I can't fix this winter. The insurance said to take it to a Yamaha dealer to appraise its value He thought It would be totaled. What  is the bike worth on the market? Its red with  full fairing,  backrest & luggage rack, 7,000 miles, sealed gas tank, r/r moved, all aluminum has been polished,starter has been gone through.It's never set out in the weather.  Kevin   

Lucky

simply from what i've seen here & on Ebay, figure $1,000 +/- $250 depending on condition for an 83. for an 82 figure $600 with an added fairing, +/- $150 depending on condition.

Sound about right guys?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

jasonm.

when brough to a a dealer the first thing you should say is. "What he would have sold this for before the crash?" If it's absoluely clean...I think $1000 +/- $200
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

VisionaryDan

I recently looked up the blue book value of my 82 with no fairing in good condition with 20,000 miles it returned a price of $900. Which I thought was high. But there was a green '82 Vision with  fairing and saddle bags on ebay about 6 weeks ago for $1,600. The guy that bought it turned around two weeks later and tried to get $2,500 for it (no bids). So what does this all mean I believe that condition and location are the key factors on getting a good price on these bikes.

Dan

silicon_toad2000

the sticker price on mine was 2400 and it wasn't in very good nick, there was a big hole in the muffler. I got them down to 1800 which, in oz, isn't bad for a bike that size from a dealer.
LOL the sales guy kept asking what it would take for me to buy the bike that day and I kept telling him 1800 or 2k and you fix the muffler. almost had to do the "oh well never mind" and walk out.
I know there are much better deals to be had, but then I wouldn't have a vision.
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

Kevin

Thanks for the input everyone. Kevin C. :)