News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Anyone recommend an out-of-state titling company?

Started by dchakrab, May 30, 2005, 11:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dchakrab

Hi all,

I'm in desperate need of an out-of-state titling company so I can get my Vision titled and running soon...it's warm outside, my free transportation from college died yesterday, and my petcock from Superfly, with any luck, should be here soon. All I need is a title, and then a license...

I'm looking at Broadway title, but I got an email back from them saying it would be 4-6 weeks, and they don't have an expedited service option. They also seemed rather shady. A friend said International title took his money and he never heard from them again, so I'm wondering...can anyone recommend a company, preferably one you've done business with in the past, and let me know how long they took? Theoretically, this should be a one-week process.

Let me know, and thanks! Congratualtions on the new forums system and site, by the way.

Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

veloce430

I used Titles Unlimited and was able to get a title for a '61 Alfa that had lost it's title over 20 yrs ago.  Cost about $150.

dchakrab

Doing a Google search for "Titles Unlimited" (with the quotes) would seem to indicate that the owner is currently in jail for fraud and the company's been shut down...not very reassuring.

-Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

veloce430

Yes, I heard that he was involved with Boyd Cottington getting "new" retro rods titled as old cars.? I guess I was lucky that I got my title from them.? Good luck on your continued search.? How about having a local business file a mechanics lien on it.? That should get you a title. I have a friend that has done that here in Oregon anyway.