News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Other Hobbies

Started by crackerkorean, June 01, 2005, 12:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerkorean

Just out of curosity what are some more things you guys/gals are into.

Here my list of hobbies

Cycling - Mountain Biking and Road Cycling

Vintage Hi-Fi (collect and repair old hi fi stereo stuff)

Record collecting (if you have stuff you want to unload LOL same goes for Hi fi stuff)

Computers in general

And I dabble in eletronics (DIY stereo stuff and some other things)

Camping, Hiking

Kayaking

Brian Moffet

Riding my Vision
Restoring a 1967 Austin Healy Sprite
Flying a 1946 Stinson 108
Playing my Clarinet (I play in a community band)
Nature and aircraft photography (see www.skyhighway.com/~acropilot )
Computer animation and graphics (though I haven't had a chance for a while)

Those are the big ones.

Brian?
;D

h2olawyer

Alpine skiing (former PSIA ski instructor - Steamboat Ski Area)
Whitewater rafting (swiftwater rescue certified)
Fly fishing
Riding & tinkering on the V
Race team pit crew - Karts (plans for going SCCA in the near future) (Tempus Fugit Racing)
Getting into digital video editing

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Respiratory Therapist by day, Own a Computer Repair Business and run it on my days off, and working in the yard.  I fit my Vision in there somewhere.
I also like extolling the virtues of Tablet PC's on www.tabletpcbuzz.com

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

dchakrab

Whoah...too many to list.

Read, writing, martial arts (judo, hapkido, taekwondo, and kendo, currently), older motorcycles, photography, enjoying nature in various ways (walking, hiking, camping, etc, though I almost never time for this)...the list goes on.

Hopefully motorcycling through some of the back roads near Chicago is going to be on this list sometime in the near future, once I've got a little more money and can afford to get mine running (finally) and titled.

-Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

Kevin

My wife and I  like to ride my 82 BMW ,I work on the 3 82 Visions. My 2 kids and I do Shotokan karate. This weekend I will be at a rondeviou I'll have the tipi set up and we will all be wearing buckskins and showing how to tan a deerhide.    Kevin C

MotorPlow

Well, I don't like rain.? Most of my hobbies mean being outside.? One of the hobbies I like the best, 2nd to my Vision, is GeoCaching.

www.geocaching.com

If you have a GPS receiver, this is one hobby you can easily use your Vision with and do 2 hobbies at once.? In? the near future, I will be creating a traveling GeoCache just for motorcyclists.? This cache will travel all over the country, and from MC Rally to Motorcycle Rally.? If you happen to see me on the geocaching website, the family's screen name is "4Finders".

Look at this, I found 15 Caches within 10 miles of Deal's Gap:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?zip=28771&dist=10

Enjoy,
Chris F.

fiddlesticks

Riding motorcycles. Looking at motorcycles. Old cars, martial arts and just about any sport or outdoor activity. Music, reading, keeping aquarium fish and playing xbox.

Fiddle
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

kiawrench

Hmm,  hobbies,,,
  restoring motorcycles i am too little to ride(but i manage to sell them )
rock climb and caving , when i find someone to go with me
  people watching at the park on the beach
  diner tripping   ( road trips to small town diners, ie, the Blue Diner,Clark's, those small family run diners in little towns that could never pass a health code inspection------ currently working the seafood based diner's  lot of those here )
  here lately- have spent good bit of time healing up from one injury or another,

and my biggest hobby- keeping my regular job-
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Willie

I like to play ice hockey, old mans league (I didn't start skating until I turned forty) reading, playing with the kids (2 boys 4 and 7, girl 11), wine tasting, tinkering in the shop ...