News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

many problems& some fixed

Started by dminor, June 17, 2005, 12:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dminor

;) I got the little "V" running. The test ride was OK. The next time I went to start it was strange: it would surge to about 4k and then die. A friend suggested the carb boot- good fix. Now that V is up and running. The other one has different troubles: I finally got my new tires, put the cleaned up forks & tires on, forks leak, (really only the left one). I will replace with a spare.
   Why do I do all of this stuff to a twenty plus year old bike? Because, all you have to do is ride one of these bikes on a no-so straight road to have a GOOD TIME.
    By the way CROV, the fall ride I will show on a VISION.
;D

gbranche

Excellent! That's certainly good news. We'd hate to have you continue to suffer on the long distance rides with the "LT". :)

Oh, and an additional congrats on becoming a registered forum member.

Greg

glennw

Fall run.. maybe it's time to start thinking about it..... ::)
Get a trailer Don and bring both! You could tow it with the beamer... ;)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Walt_M.

I think that is it! Not many bikes handle like the Vision. I just brought home my '92 TDM850 this week, have not gotten to ride it much yet but what I have noticed is that it does not turn in like the 'V'. The forks are nice, the brakes are awesome and the petcock doesn't leak but the handling is a little sluggish. I'm keeping them both though.
Whale oil beef hooked!

dminor

Took the "V" out for a forty mile test ride. I forgot how sensitive the throttle was(the LT doesn't change speed when it hits a bump.
   Glenn I already have a trailer( how do you think I get the V home after I blow it up). I have thought about towing with the LT,it might happen.
Greg, the V that I took out today has a full fairing,like yours. I'm going to put flush mounted turn signals on it so let me know if you need some stock ones(you know how the boys like to drop it.
   The low mileage V is just about ready for registration, only problem is the left fork leaks.I'm not happy because I just rebuilt them(zero miles).
Don ;)

Lucky

Don, a quick thought on the flushmounts.  I nearly put some teardrop flushmounts on my V (full fairing) but holding them up to the fairing it was obvious that i'd be loosing a lot of visibility fo the lights...

One of the Forum members made me a set of Shortie t/s stalks. they tuck the lights in nice, but still stand out far enough to be seen well. plus i changed the lights over to 1157's so i have running lights too. it's a really nice compromise...

loosing that much visibility on the lights is not worth the trade-off in safety.

my .02
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

If you've just put seals and wipers on your forks and still have a leak, if there is no obvious damage to the fork tubes, there might just be a piece of debris in the seal. Try using a piece of 35mm photo film to slide around the inside of the seal. It might clean it out.
Whale oil beef hooked!

gbranche

Quote from: dminor on June 17, 2005, 05:29:49 PM
the LT doesn't change speed when it hits a bump.

Yea, kind of like the way CVN 76 doesn't change speed when it hits a wave...

:)

Greg