You Might be a Visionary ...

Started by Lucky, July 09, 2005, 08:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

This was fun last time i did it, add your own:

You might be a Visionary if:

-Your homepage is ridersofvision.net...
-instead of asking you what you want for x-mas/birthdays etc, your family just gets you gift certs to the bike shop...

-you have Vision parts on your desk/bed/ bathtub...

-you name yourself  "Superfly" or "Kiawrench" & crash into stuff then rebuild the bike Better Than Ever...

-Someone starts talking about Vision & you whip your head around only to discover they are modeling their new glasses...

-you put off going to bed/the bathroom/work so you can finish reading some posts..

-you've ever lied awake at night thinking about stators or starter clutches...

Add your own :)
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Coil Coyle

If you froze all winter because you filled the firewood shed with Visions in pieces.. ;D

Walt_M.

If you rode your Vision to work and left it in the office to keep it out of the way of a hurricane!
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

You might be a Visionary if:

-Your homepage is ridersofvision.net... Yes, it is

-instead of asking you what you want for x-mas/birthdays etc, your family just gets you gift certs to the bike shop...  Yes, I do.  Asked mom and dad to pay for the motorcycle riders course. Asked wife for  a helmet and she said no.  Asked Girlfriend for a helmet and she said Why Sure  ;D

-you have Vision parts on your desk/bed/ bathtub...  Dask, workbench in basement, nightstand (Haynes Manual), Backpack (How to Restore Vintage Motorcycles), Garage

-you name yourself  "Superfly" or "Kiawrench" & crash into stuff then rebuild the bike Better Than Ever... Working on a new Nic

-Someone starts talking about Vision & you whip your head around only to discover they are modeling their new glasses...  Almost wrecked whe I snapped my head around when I saw a vision parked partially coverd with a tarp in someones yard...gonna ask them about it

-you put off going to bed/the bathroom/work so you can finish reading some posts..  I have a wireless tablet PC...I read and post from the bathroom  8)

-you've ever lied awake at night thinking about stators or starter clutches...  Could not sleep thinking about all the parts I ordered from Ebay

The first thing you do when you get home from work is stare at your Vision.  The second thing is go to the front door to see if UPS dropped off your new parts.

You carry more pictures around of your new Vision than you do of your family.

Finally....Your Vision has displaced your beloved and formerly spotless Honda Accord from the garage.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

MotorPlow

You're a Visionary if your motorcycle leaks oil and you smile about it, knowing that you can just try and fix it the next time you have the side cover off, but for now it runs and runs well.

Lucky

>>Asked wife for  a helmet and she said no.  Asked Girlfriend for a helmet and she said Why Sure 
<<

Ok, THAT's gotta be an interesting story...

h2olawyer

You might be a Visionary IF:

you've replaced the stator twice in one year, had the side cover leak after both fixes, worked to get that leak fixed, and even after getting to use a friend's GTS1000 for several days, you STILL really like to ride the V!  ;D 8) ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

You know you are a true visionary when you sit in your garage (once occupied by your precious Accord) on your Vision that you are restoring going VROOOOOM VROOOOMMM and pulling on the throttle thinking about the day you finally will be able to ride it.....and your neighbor walks in and looks at you oddly, turns and walks away.  And you smile.  ;D

David

Mutt

You might be a visionary if....

-a friend you haven't seen in a while ask you if you still have that BMW.? :D

-your online passwords contain "Yamaha, Vision, XZ550, or any combination thereof.? :-X

-you frequently run your fingers under the edges of your gas tank checking for leaks.? >:(

-your homepage at work and home is set to "ridersofvision.net".? :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Coil Coyle

...if Leathers "Left Side View" is your desktop background. :-\

coil

ps2/bikevision

you might be a visionary if:

you have a spare engine sitting in the living room of your second story apartment waiting for its day to get put in the bike. all ready to go, minus stator.

(cleverly masked as a coffee table)

fiddlesticks

When you read this thread and sit laughing your head off for a moment because you can answer yes to 90% of the above responses.

And when your hubby finally talks you into letting him buy the  k100 he's been wanting for the last year, and your riding time is still divided pretty evenly between the 2 bikes.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

gbranche

Quote from: DaveTN on July 09, 2005, 04:18:43 PM
I have a wireless tablet PC...I read and post from the bathroom? 8)

Waaaayyyy too much information, dude...

;)

Greg

Lucky

I'm sorry sir, you cannot reurn that Tablet, it's been flagged! (5 bonus points to anyone who can tell me what that's paraphrased from)

ProfessorRex

I just got the Seinfeld DVD's today, here you go lucky:

GEORGE: Yes, I, uh, I need to return this book.

CASHIER: (Puts the book's code into the computer) I'm sorry, we can't take this book back.

GEORGE: Why not?

CASHIER: It's been flagged.

GEORGE: (Confused) Flagged?

CASHIER: It's been in the bathroom.

GEORGE: It says that on the computer?

CASHIER: Please take it home. We don't want it near the other books.

GEORGE: (Outraged. Leaving) Well, you just lost a lot of business! Because I love to read!
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Superfly

You Might be a Visionary if....

Your Bookmark to Ebay is "Yamaha Vision"

You bought the Jensen model, and then you bought a second one as a "parts model"

You wreck your vision, break you right wrist, but are so used to working on the bike, you can not sit around and watch TV so you devise a way to drop an engine and put in into another frame with you left hand and a floor jack!

Your expensive car is sitting outside, but your $200.00 Visions are in the garage!

You make the Ultimate website for a bike that Yamaha does not even like admitting they made!

You can tell the dealer how to fix your bike!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Superfly on July 11, 2005, 01:04:22 PM

You can tell the dealer how to fix your bike!

And your bike is older than many of the people working in the shop at the dealer

David

glennw

You find a girl named Virginia and nickname her "V" so you can say "I really love my V" .... ;)

GlennW
Half Mad Max

redxz550inoz

you phone people who are looking for a starter motor just to have a chat with them about their troubles with their V - then direct them to the best website to help them fix it after telling them they probably just need to clean /synch and tune their carbs ;D

or you think any problem can be fixed by cleaning the carbs   ::)

hfarley

You might be a visionary if you spend more time fixing your bike than riding it. But once you do get to ride it you get the biggest, cheesiest grin on your face and know that it was totally worth it.  ;D ;D ;D

And yes Superfly, I get my Yamaha Vision email from Ebay every day. LOL!

Also you might be a Visionary or mototcycle rider for that matter if you sit in your garage and rev the engine a bit just to piss the neighbors dogs off. LOL!  ;)
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!